...the final straw will be a blowout against short-handed Georgia

so, how would we handle a blow out loss? i hope for the best, but if we do get blown out the impact will be huge...this is a game Pelini can't afford to lose.

I think Bo can lose and still keep his job. The loss just has to be close. Another blowout he can't afford. Or if he blows up again like he did against Iowa he may be gone as well.

Seriously? If he didn't get fired by losing to IOWA or MInnesota he's not going to be fired at all. Losing to them was humiliating. Georgia has a good football team but look at them! They've had a disappointing season by their standards as well. I hope this is a good old fashion, smash mouth football game. GO BIG RED!!

• Fire 3

5. The interim coaches will go unbeaten. Five teams are playing with fill-ins in Arkansas State (John Thompson), Boise State (Bob Gregory), Bowling Green (Adam Scheier), USC (Clay Helton) and Washington (Marques Tuiasosopo). In the past 18 bowl games, coaches taking over in-season have gone 7-11 and these guys will buck the trend.

15. Mack Brown will go out with a win. Oregon is a 14-point favorite in the Alamo Bowl, but Texas, behind Jackson Jeffcoat (12 sacks; 21 tackles for loss) will keep Marcus Mariota and Co. out of rhythm.

22. Duke will top the Aggies. David Cutcliffe and Co. will cap a dream season by claiming their first bowl victory since beating Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl in 1961.

26. Jadeveon Clowney will double his sack total in the Capital One Bowl. Granted, the preseason All-American has only three, but he'll get that many as South Carolina faces Wisconsin. He'll also give us a memorable hit to supplant this one.

I wouldn't put much stock in FoxSport's Gator Bowl/Pelini prediction. Did anyone actually read through these predictions? There are some pretty wild ones there. :lol: