Players leaving rumor

What's Cross's average drop to when you eliminate the fluke gift 51-yard TD run against michigan St?

4.6 yards per carry.

Still pretty damn good.

Make me the OC. Ideally Ameer should get 20-30 carries, Cross 10-15, the other backs 7-10 more, and call no more than 20 passes, all Play Action. I'll make that happen.

I'll submit my application the day after the bowl game.

• Fire 1

I love how people here have Imani Cross' back....just dismissing the hardest working member of our team as nothing special.

Absolutely a bunch of low life's to have that mindset in my opinion. He's a valid member of our team and even if he doesn't play another down of football...he shows the young guys how to work hard and provides leadership by example. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

Your love for Cross has no bounds, huh Dev?
  • Fire 1

I love how people here have Imani Cross' back....just dismissing the hardest working member of our team as nothing special.

Absolutely a bunch of low life's to have that mindset in my opinion. He's a valid member of our team and even if he doesn't play another down of football...he shows the young guys how to work hard and provides leadership by example. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

It's more respect than love. Do I think he's our best back? Nope. But he works his arse off and he takes care of business off the field. He's the first one to arrive at practice and he's the last one to leave. I wish everyone was just like that for mindset...we'd have a championship team if everyone was.

Is he?

It's more respect than love. Do I think he's our best back? Nope. But he works his arse off and he takes care of business off the field. He's the first one to arrive at practice and he's the last one to leave. I wish everyone was just like that for mindset...we'd have a championship team if everyone was.

Is he?

By multiple accounts, including coaches and media, yes. http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/130909365

But you knew that.

What's Cross's average drop to when you eliminate the fluke gift 51-yard TD run against michigan St?

4.6 yards per carry.

Still pretty damn good.

Make me the OC. Ideally Ameer should get 20-30 carries, Cross 10-15, the other backs 7-10 more, and call no more than 20 passes, all Play Action. I'll make that happen.

I'll submit my application the day after the bowl game.

So as Ameer got 21.2, Cross got 7.0 and the "other backs" got 14.1, we only need to shift a couple "other" carries to Cross and we're right there. Not too far off from the terrible playcalling we saw this season.

• Fire 1

Hyperbolize much?

stone-cold.gif

• Fire 1
I want them to keep giving the ball to Cross. I think i will take him over Taylor until Taylor proves himself.

I want to see next years carries for Ameer to go down a bit for his future career sake and to see Cross get a few more.

Imani became more versatile and proved he can do more than get the tough yards.. he was agile as well.

Not if he continues to try and run like a ballerina. He did not run very hard this year. A lot of pitter patter compared to last imo. Needs to get the ball, stick his foot in the ground, and go straight ahead and destroy anything in front of him.

I want them to keep giving the ball to Cross. I think i will take him over Taylor until Taylor proves himself.

I want to see next years carries for Ameer to go down a bit for his future career sake and to see Cross get a few more.

Imani became more versatile and proved he can do more than get the tough yards.. he was agile as well.

Not if he continues to try and run like a ballerina. He did not run very hard this year. A lot of pitter patter compared to last imo. Needs to get the ball, stick his foot in the ground, and go straight ahead and destroy anything in front of him.

Wow he can't win for losing...people said last year he was a straight downhill runner and in the offseason he works on his lateral movement...now people complain the opposite.

I think he's just fine...I think we don't get to see him enough to even define what type of runner he is...up to this point, the coaches have decided he's the 'short yardage back' and everyone else piled on. I think he can do more than just that and only needs a chance.

I get the feeling he needs to "warm up" like so many other big backs. Think he could be good in the B1G with 20 carries/game after AA is gone.

Wow he can't win for losing...people said last year he was a straight downhill runner and in the offseason he works on his lateral movement...now people complain the opposite.

I think he's just fine...I think we don't get to see him enough to even define what type of runner he is...up to this point, the coaches have decided he's the 'short yardage back' and everyone else piled on. I think he can do more than just that and only needs a chance.

I get the feeling he needs to "warm up" like so many other big backs. Think he could be good in the B1G with 20 carries/game after AA is gone.

I could see this being a possibility. Ya, i wouldnt mind seeing him get a lather going and see what he could do with 20-25 carries.

I could see this being a possibility. Ya, i wouldnt mind seeing him get a lather going and see what he could do with 20-25 carries.

It will be interesting to see if that actually happens with Newby as Junior and Taylor as a Sophomore