So, after watching the games last night.....

.....it seems to me that those were the offenses I really wanted ours to look like. I'm willing to give him time and not calling for firings, but I'm not so sure that we are going to look like that currently. Not sure if that actually is the vision for our offense, or if Beck is the guy to do it, but that type of ingenuity was what I imagined when I thought of bringing a multiple-spread offense to Lincoln.

I've watched part or all of most of the bowl games with the better teams., and the thing that hits me is consistency. When the Huskers are playing well, I didn't see any teams that looked like they were in a different level. It's just that they are consistent in what they do rather than on/off like we have been this year. These bowl games actually gave me a boost in enthusiasm for where the Huskers are and where we can go.

!!!!!Go Big Red!!!!!

.....it seems to me that those were the offenses I really wanted ours to look like. I'm willing to give him time and not calling for firings, but I'm not so sure that we are going to look like that currently. Not sure if that actually is the vision for our offense, or if Beck is the guy to do it, but that type of ingenuity was what I imagined when I thought of bringing a multiple-spread offense to Lincoln.

If only we could ever dream of a guy like Chad Morris being interested in an OC job here.

After the bowl games, I truly feel we are closer than I thought. A lot of kids got playing time this year, that is going to help next season. I think we were the only team to play on a level with Michigan State this season, that to gives me additional hope for next year in conference. Plus the easier schedule by moving to the west will help towards victories, the question will our OC schedule gives us enough momentum to be in the top 4 at the end of the season. I feel much better about next year today than I did on the 4th of December for sure.

It's also occuring to me that Michigan State is going to end the season as a legitimate Top 5 with an undisputed rep as the best defense in the nation.

Nebraska averaged 5.6 yards a carry against Michigan State, gained nearly 400 total yards, and despite 5 turnovers was only 6 points down entering the fourth quarter.

We might be closer to being better than we think.

It's also occuring to me that Michigan State is going to end the season as a legitimate Top 5 with an undisputed rep as the best defense in the nation.

Nebraska averaged 5.6 yards a carry against Michigan State, gained nearly 400 total yards, and despite 5 turnovers was only 6 points down entering the fourth quarter.

Not to mention a banged up offensive line and a freshman quarterback.

I think we've always been close to being better than we think. There's always been flashes of brilliance. We saw it in the defense in 2009 and 2010. We've seen it in the legs and hands of T Mart, Rex, Ameer, Bell, and Enunwa. We've seen it in the 4th quarter of so many games. We've seen it against Georgia. But there's always been something preventing us from getting over that hump and realizing that potential on a consistent basis. The "hump" is made out of turnovers and inconsistent discipline, among other things perhaps.

• Fire 3

Florida State and Oklahoma have freshman quarterbacks. Both are miles ahead of ours. Let's stop using his age as an excuse.

My guess is you didn't watch many other Oklahoma games besides the Bama one? Their offense is was not good during the regular season....not even close to being considered "miles ahead of ours".

Florida State and Oklahoma have freshman quarterbacks. Both are miles ahead of ours. Let's stop using his age as an excuse.

Get your head out of the sand. Winston yes, but Knight basically sucked all year and had thr game of his life against Bama. Far as anyone knows he could suck again next year.

Not a fan of Beck, but he is a lesser issue of our O. Regardless of his "multiple" approach, we lack (hate to say it) execution. We still continually beat our selves with dropped balls, fumbles and penalties. Even if we called the most simplistic O, we still have these issues. Until we fix these issues, we will never get to where we want to be.

We beat UGA because we actually played a very sound (by our recent standards) game. As mentioned above, we don't turn it over against Sparty we win that game. You can't get to the next level (regardless of O) when we are in the negative for TO's. The teams that are winning (past week) are teams that won the TO battle and played sound fundamental ball on both sides. The game against UGA was probably the most "complete" game I have seen from the Huskers in several years. The defensive miscues were caused by the "picks" IMO. UGA used them repeatedly and drew no flags. Clemson did one and got called. We tackled, set the edge, didn't over pursue and looked good. TA still needs work. A lot. I hope that he gets a QB coach this off season instead of waiting like Martinez did. Perhaps the staff's relationship with Calhoun will pay off. I like his attitude and swagger as well as his physicality. A solid off season as the "man" will only improve his abilities IMO. I do not think he really got a lot of attention last year (from the staff) until Martinez went down and then it was more getting ready for the next game instead of teaching and getting him to learn/improve.

We are close, real close. Just need to fix ourselves and the "system" should work.

We need to build an offensive system around our starting QB. Not build the QB into the system, because that isn't what works. After we build a system that we want here, we should recruit those types of QB's, rather than keep trying to be "multiple". Its not working here. Its time to find an identity.

I don't know why, but I was not impressed with our offense in the UGA game. Outside of Ameer busting his ass grinding for yards, and the 99 yard TD pass, there wasn't much there. We only had 307 yards total offense against a defense that wasn't that good. We were also 4/17 on 3rd down, with only 14 first downs, while losing the TOP battle. To me, our defense won us that game for the most part.

Although I don't think Beck is very good at this point, most of those great offenses have great QBs. The more I think about it, the more bothered I am about Nebraska's lack of great QBs. In the last 30 years (post-Gill) Nebraska has had three great QBs: Frazier, Frost and Crouch. All of those guys were run-first QBs who fit our system. Frazier would have likely gone to a Florida school if they guaranteed he could play QB. He felt Nebraska was the only place where he could certainly be the quarterback. Crouch and Frost were both Nebraska natives (and Frost even went to Stanford first). So it could be argued that the last time we really wrestled a great quarterback away from anyone in recruiting was in 1979 when Osborne pulled Gill away from Texas and Oklahoma.

I know that recruiting star talent, especially at QB, is tough in the Midwest. But we don't necessarily need the next Jameis Winston or Johnny Manziel. Marcus Mariota, Bryce Petty, Teddy Bridgewater, Braxton Miller and Tajh Boyd are all great current college quarterbacks--better, in my opinion, than anyone we've had since Crouch, and maybe since Frazier. I haven't seen that level of play in Tommy Armstrong. I think if Nebraska really wants to take the next step towards being a national title contender, they're going to have to find a way to get a player of that caliber in the recruiting game. It happened over 34 years ago in a living room in Fort Worth, Texas. Let's hope somebody on this staff can make it happen again. And soon.

I've watched part or all of most of the bowl games with the better teams., and the thing that hits me is consistency. When the Huskers are playing well, I didn't see any teams that looked like they were in a different level. It's just that they are consistent in what they do rather than on/off like we have been this year. These bowl games actually gave me a boost in enthusiasm for where the Huskers are and where we can go.

!!!!!Go Big Red!!!!!

Agree completely