DE Blake McClain [South Carolina - Signed LOI]

Mavric

I wish him all the best and I hope he has success in what ever he ends up doing in life. My comments don't have anything to do with him and Nebraska will go on without him.

What I just don't understand is parents. What I'm reading anyway is that the parents didn't like him to be so far away so they pushed him towards SC.

My daughter is a senior this year and she has chosen a college that wouldn't be my first choice. It is out of the way and will be much more difficult for us to visit her and see her. However, it's her life and if she chooses that path and has a clear path laid out to reach her goals, it would be extremely selfish of me to influence her to another school just so she is closer or easier for me to visit.

I'm going off only what I read on line. But, this always seems like a situation of the parents being insecure in themselves and less about the kid.

I wonder if this becomes a post-signing day drama

IDK, if it will or not. We haven't had a guy commit by signing an LOI and then want to flip before he arrived on campus, during Spurrier's tenure. So I can't say for sure how we would handle that.

I would think that Spurrier would say, "what is the school's or SEC policy on that," and then do whatever it says. With that said, I would imagine he would have to sit out a year or go to JUCO and then transfer to whatever program he could go to after that.

However, that's just my speculation, and like I said, it hasn't happened before at USC with Spurrier, so I don't know for sure.

Something interesting said by Peyton Newell this morning. He said he appreciated that "the Nebr coaches never tried anything shady with him and that they never said anything with money, as that goes on a lot now". The other team recruiting Newell early was South Carolina. I'm starting to connect the dots. To me it says business as usual.

Something interesting said by Peyton Newell this morning. He said he appreciated that "the Nebr coaches never tried anything shady with him and that they never said anything with money, as that goes on a lot now". The other team recruiting Newell early was South Carolina. I'm starting to connect the dots. To me it says business as usual.

Eat a dick NCAA, sick of your incompetence when it comes ot the SECheats.

Eat a dick NCAA, sick of your incompetence when it comes ot the SECheats.

Exactly. Don't give me the "we don't cheat" BS SEC. Everyone but the people who are supposed to be policing this knows it's true.

:bs: Spurrier has never been connected to a pay for play scheme in all his years of coaching, if it did happen we would be recruiting a lot better than we are and we would've won a Natty by now. It's that simple. I'm not saying it doesn't go on, an Auburn booster paid Cam Newton's dad over $180K to go to Auburn, that happened. However, USC's players don't have cars or rims like some Bama players from poor households do, and they don't have lake houses like the clemson players from poor households do. I mean, Clowney was the #1 recruit in the nation, he drove around a 6 year old Chrysler 300 that didn't even have custom rims. c'mon man, it's not that.

:bs: Spurrier has never been connected to a pay for play scheme in all his years of coaching, if it did happen we would be recruiting a lot better than we are and we would've won a Natty by now. It's that simple. I'm not saying it doesn't go on, an Auburn booster paid Cam Newton's dad over $180K to go to Auburn, that happened. However, USC's players don't have cars or rims like some Bama players from poor households do, and they don't have lake houses like the clemson players from poor households do. I mean, Clowney was the #1 recruit in the nation, he drove around a 6 year old Chrysler 300 that didn't even have custom rims. c'mon man, it's not that.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin #logic

• Fire 1