Football Coaches Get Extensions

Mavric

Tim Beck seems grossly overpaid when you compare his salary to his peers on the staff; and then compare job performance. Just my opinion though

i am one of the few that actually like tim beck. but i agree with this. he was too inexperienced for that kind of money.

Michigan state would disagree. He has their defense figured out. To move the ball against that defense with less than half hour starting offense was pretty darn impressive. What beck did last year with a makeshift offense was pretty impressive. He was a risky hire, but he has been worth the money. This will be a big year to see the direction of his offense with playmakers on offense starting get to the field.

Tim Beck seems grossly overpaid when you compare his salary to his peers on the staff; and then compare job performance. Just my opinion though

i am one of the few that actually like tim beck. but i agree with this. he was too inexperienced for that kind of money.

Michigan state would disagree. He has their defense figured out. To move the ball against that defense with less than half hour starting offense was pretty darn impressive. What beck did last year with a makeshift offense was pretty impressive. He was a risky hire, but he has been worth the money. This will be a big year to see the direction of his offense with playmakers on offense starting get to the field.

I am baffled as to how the game against Michigan St was a net positive in any aspect of good football.

• Fire 1

I think my biggest frustration with Tim Beck are the similarities to Shawn Watson. Beck's offense seem to finesse sometimes (in my opinion) & its can get really frustrating (for me). I like what we have at RB (AA, Adam Taylor, Cross, Newby) & hoping Nebraska can reload on the OL. I just want Nebraska to win & I feel we would have a better shot of winning the big games if we junked all the finesse crap & committed to playing mean smashmouth football & commit to running the football down the other teams throat.

On occasion the man is brilliant...IMO though he is prone to outsmarting himself. I am pulling for Beck to clean up his playcalling & the offenses turnover woes.

True, but I can use history as a good resource.

Such as the last 3-4 years?

Go ahead, use it.

I can also take the words of a couple of guys who are "in the know." Guys that tell me that this job isn't what many of our fans think it is.

This is simply the ol' "we can't get a better coach than Bo" argument, and it doesn't hold any water. We've had better coaches before, and there's no reason, no reason at all, to think we can't again. No matter how desperately you or your "guys in the know" wish it to be true.

Any source of a better coach how has actually expressed interest in this job?? Bueller, Bueller????

And no, the show-clause Sweater Vest doesn't count. Remember, that wouldn't be the "Nebraska way."

Hmm strange argument. How often do coaches publicly talk about what other jobs they want. I can't really think of too many situations this has happened. Did Peterson, while he was working at Boise ever say "I would take this job and this job and this job, but not this job"? Seems like this would hurt their current job stability. So im not sure this can be used as "evidence" we could not get anyone else to coach here.

• Fire 1

Hmm strange argument. How often do coaches publicly talk about what other jobs they want. I can't really think of too many situations this has happened. Did Peterson, while he was working at Boise ever say "I would take this job and this job and this job, but not this job"? Seems like this would hurt their current job stability. So im not sure this can be used as "evidence" we could not get anyone else to coach here.

funny clauses in contracts give you an idea of which jobs they are interested in. and didnt saban publicly say texas was the one job he'd leave bama for?

I think my biggest frustration with Tim Beck are the similarities to Shawn Watson. Beck's offense seem to finesse sometimes (in my opinion) & its can get really frustrating (for me). I like what we have at RB (AA, Adam Taylor, Cross, Newby) & hoping Nebraska can reload on the OL. I just want Nebraska to win & I feel we would have a better shot of winning the big games if we junked all the finesse crap & committed to playing mean smashmouth football & commit to running the football down the other teams throat.

On occasion the man is brilliant...IMO though he is prone to outsmarting himself. I am pulling for Beck to clean up his playcalling & the offenses turnover woes.

Bo forced Watson to change the offense after the turnover debacle against Iowa State, but the turnovers keep coming under Beck. Coincidence? Or is it related to Bo?

Bo forced Watson to change the offense after the turnover debacle against Iowa State, but the turnovers keep coming under Beck. Coincidence? Or is it related to Bo?

Well Beck did learn under Watson....