Okay, which one of you's behind this?

papersun87

Wisconsin would be no less a "forced" rivalry than Iowa. We don't have a legitimate rival right now. We haven't since Okalahoma went to $h!t in the 90s. It's gotta develop over time and over some sort of mutual animosity and balance. Wisconsin would be a more appealing matchup than Iowa on Black Friday, sure, but don't call it a rivalry yet.

Wisconsin would be no less a "forced" rivalry than Iowa. We don't have a legitimate rival right now. We haven't since Okalahoma went to $h!t in the 90s. It's gotta develop over time and over some sort of mutual animosity and balance. Wisconsin would be a more appealing matchup than Iowa on Black Friday, sure, but don't call it a rivalry yet.

^^^ This.

Some people will never learn that you can't simply name an opponent and then call it a rivalry. It takes years of give and take, stunning victories and heartbreaking losses (aka NU-OU). Sometimes a little deep seated hatred or animosity will help it seem like a rivalry but I think the best kind is when there is also some degree of mutual respect (sorry CU-no respect here). At this point in time the only opponents we have that are even hinting at being possible rivals down the road are Northwestern, Iowa, or Michigan State. And Lord help us if Northwestern or Iowa keep causing us problems. As much as I would like it to end up being Wiscy, we just haven't given them much to be concerned about yet.

How about we wait and see who looks like a good rivalry about 7-10 years from now? Hopefully it will be a lot more obvious than now.

it would help if there was something on the line every time we met...like a chance to a big bowl or natl championship...not a corn bowl. i'm 47 and we may not have a new rival in my lifetime...

With the way the divisions have been divided, Wisconsin will likely become a born rivalry faster than you think. These two fan bases already love playing each other, we just have to become a little more competitive to make them want to beat us more :)