***2016 Recruiting***

Things getting crazy now. Probably a lot figured out in the next 7-10 days as the JUCOs make decisions.

Priority:

DT - Not much that is known.

DE - Unfortunately the same as DT.

OT - We're in really good shape at OG but are in dire need of tackles.

WR - Two small burners. Need at least one big yet.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits are capitalized in red - others are targets.

QB - 1 - PATRICK O'BRIEN

RB - 1-2 - TRE BRYANT, Kingston Davis

WR - 3-4 - JD SPIELMAN, DERRION GRIM, Desmond Fitzpatrick, Zach Farrar

TE - 2-3 - JACK STOLL, Tony Poljan

OT - 2-3 - Matt Farniok, Alaric Jackson, Stewart Reese, Royce Newman, Sean Foster

OG/C - 3 - BRYAN BROKOP, JOHN RARIDON, BOE WILSON

DT - 2-3 - Amir Watts

DE - 2-3 - BEN STILLE, Mykelle McDaniel, Jordan Bonner (JUCO)

LB - 4-5 - QUAYSHON ALEXANDER, GREG SIMMONS, JoJo DOMANN, Isaiah Simmons, David Reese, Cameron Goode

CB - 2-3 - DICAPRIO BOOTLE, Maurice Chandler (JUCO), Lamar Jackson, Tony Butler

S - 2-3 - MARQUEL DISMUKE, Brandon Drayton, Eric Burrell, Nehemiah Augustus, Markell Simmons (JUCO)

P/K - 1 - CALEB LIGHTBOURN

+1 Thanks for this post! Gives a good visual of where we are, and what we need.

I remember media guys talking about us taking 28 this year which I always thought was high. But I seem to remember thinking about 25 would be possible. But it seems like we're running up against 85/88 pretty quick. I had to go back and look and Gundy was saying in August that they thought 22 would be the number. Minus one for Kevin Williams getting a sixth year and that's the same 21 that I show right now (before any attrition). We're at 15 which means six more - though it sounds like Riley is almost expecting a couple to leave early which isn't surprising. It'll be interesting to see how early they know who's leaving.

I remember media guys talking about us taking 28 this year which I always thought was high. But I seem to remember thinking about 25 would be possible. But it seems like we're running up against 85/88 pretty quick. I had to go back and look and Gundy was saying in August that they thought 22 would be the number. Minus one for Kevin Williams getting a sixth year and that's the same 21 that I show right now (before any attrition). We're at 15 which means six more - though it sounds like Riley is almost expecting a couple to leave early which isn't surprising. It'll be interesting to see how early they know who's leaving.

And Keith Williams son, and I belive another WR coming in

• Fire 1

Things getting crazy now. Probably a lot figured out in the next 7-10 days as the JUCOs make decisions.

Priority:

DT - Not much that is known.

DE - Unfortunately the same as DT.

OT - We're in really good shape at OG but are in dire need of tackles.

WR - Two small burners. Need at least one big yet.

-----------------------------------------

My guess at the number for each position. Commits are capitalized in red - others are targets.

QB - 1 - PATRICK O'BRIEN

RB - 1-2 - TRE BRYANT, Kingston Davis

WR - 3-4 - JD SPIELMAN, DERRION GRIM, Desmond Fitzpatrick, Zach Farrar

TE - 2-3 - JACK STOLL, Tony Poljan

OT - 2-3 - Matt Farniok, Alaric Jackson, Stewart Reese, Royce Newman, Sean Foster

OG/C - 3 - BRYAN BROKOP, JOHN RARIDON, BOE WILSON

DT - 2-3 - Amir Watts

DE - 2-3 - BEN STILLE, Mykelle McDaniel, Jordan Bonner (JUCO)

LB - 4-5 - QUAYSHON ALEXANDER, GREG SIMMONS, JoJo DOMANN, Isaiah Simmons, David Reese, Cameron Goode

CB - 2-3 - DICAPRIO BOOTLE, Maurice Chandler (JUCO), Lamar Jackson, Tony Butler

S - 2-3 - MARQUEL DISMUKE, Brandon Drayton, Eric Burrell, Nehemiah Augustus, Markell Simmons (JUCO)

P/K - 1 - CALEB LIGHTBOURN

+1 Thanks for this post! Gives a good visual of where we are, and what we need.

Yea, linemen!

I believe he will be a walkon

Media guys are thinking he'll be on scholarship.

Once again I don't believe a player who has a parent or guardian employed by the athletic department can walk on for purposes of the scholarship limits. He or she must be considered as a scholarship player and counted accordingly in limitations numbes EVEN if the player pays his or her own way. This is done to avoid the potential conflicts of employing relatives as a way of getting around paying players. I believe this is why the Cotton boys had scholarships even though Daddy made plenty of bucks to afford some tuition at instate rates. I would be shocked if a player's family members can have jobs at the school without being a scholarship taker.

Once again I don't believe a player who has a parent or guardian employed by the athletic department can walk on for purposes of the scholarship limits. He or she must be considered as a scholarship player and counted accordingly in limitations numbes EVEN if the player pays his or her own way. This is done to avoid the potential conflicts of employing relatives as a way of getting around paying players. I believe this is why the Cotton boys had scholarships even though Daddy made plenty of bucks to afford some tuition at instate rates. I would be shocked if a player's family members can have jobs at the school without being a scholarship taker.

For the second or third time, see Cody Hawkins or Doug McDermott.

For the second or third time, see Cody Hawkins or Doug McDermott.

It doesn't look like anyone found a restriction when the question was posed on corn nation http://www.cornnation.com/2013/7/3/4490836/should-coaches-children-take-athletic-scholarships .

Kevin Williams getting a 6th year is a waste. I'm ready for some young guys to step in. He's probably hoping Maliek leaves so he can finally be a "Starter".

Sorry you feel that way. Guy has been injured and will show more than he has if he can become healthy. He should be our starter next year and even if he doesn't his added depth will be welcomed.