Bo's Blowouts - analyzing the worst of the losses

Well at the time it was considered a classless act, also considered one of the reasons Bo did not get serious consideration for the HC job at Nebraska. I do not recall ever seeing Devaney or Osborne being restrained from physically attacking an opposing coach. I guess it could have happened.

How quickly the Bolight dissolves any negative action, as it still seems to quite well.

Again, I am in his corner this year, but saying he does not have less than a stellar past is just blindly following.

To me, he made a total ass of himself, and in honesty started my dislike for him. I have stated numerous times that I think(personally) he is making progress, working towards what is acceptable actions. He is not perfect, none of us are.

Would you have Harbaugh as a coach at Nebraska? I would. An isolated episode like a fiery confrontation with an opposing coach is brushed off as nothing.

The thing with Bo is this isn't an isolated incident. At the time it more or less was, so it wasn't as big of a deal. However, this happens season after season - in some form or another. It's not something that's any long brushed aside.

The other thing that is beginning to happen season after season, is this "rebuilding of image" thing the fans all discuss? What happened to the Jack TD, prank phone thing, the dance video, etc? Those things that all proved "he was changed" became BS once the heat got turned up and he was put into a situation where he is reactionary versus calculated. For a football coach, those situations are common. Bo's going to be put in a few of them this season again...I'd put money on the reaction being far less cat-cuddly than people seem to think Bo has become.

I don't know if you are trying to compare Bo Pelini and Jim Harbaugh. It's a totally inaccurate comparison if you are; made all the more inaccurate when you mention that Bo's actions aren't isolated incidents. As if Harbaugh only acted a fool once.

We are not going to see Bo Pelini not be fiery towards a bad call, a stupid question by a stupid reporter, or a bad play by one of his players (at least this season) People don't change their personalities overnight. So I want all of us to be conscious of this fact when Nebraska finds themselves in a difficult situation this season. The difficult part of all of this will be how we quantify improvement in his responses.

• Fire 2

Look I am fine with Bo and co. trying to build his public image, but I still want to see the same fiery guy on the sidelines and getting after referees. I don't want someone just standing there with a thumb up his a$$.

So he can embarrass himself and us even more? Not to mention getting $10,000 fines like he did at Iowa last year for his post game comments and the hat swing that almost hit the ref. No thanks.

bo-pelini.jpg

Bo-Pelini-Nebraska-Cornhuskers-vs-Iowa-Hawkeyes-4.jpg

Oh yea i'm fine with that. Just as long as he doesn't throw helmets onto the field and starts piledriving refs.

what i will never understand about the iowa game is how disproportionate the response was when just a week earlier at psu we witnessed one of the worst calls i have ever seen that legitimately could have cost us the game and bo did nothing. then the next week he absolutely loses it over a call that was not that bad at a point in the game where its effect probably would not have had much influence. just baffling.

what i will never understand about the iowa game is how disproportionate the response was when just a week earlier at psu we witnessed one of the worst calls i have ever seen that legitimately could have cost us the game and bo did nothing. then the next week he absolutely loses it over a call that was not that bad at a point in the game where its effect probably would not have had much influence. just baffling.

I think he thought he was going to get fired. Kind of had a f#*k it attitude. You know, the same f#*k it attitude the team brought to the game and got their asses steam rolled.

Turns out, it was all for nothing. They all embarrassed themselves, and no change was made. Oops.

• Fire 2

Exactly... that was PATHETIC block from behind call.

I think he thought he was going to get fired. Kind of had a f#*k it attitude. You know, the same f#*k it attitude the team brought to the game and got their asses steam rolled.

Turns out, it was all for nothing. They all embarrassed themselves, and no change was made. Oops.

i agree and i think that is why his behavior is concerning. if he was just yelling at a ref for a bad call, that is one thing (obviously though, it was over the line at the iowa game). but it seems to be just him losing control and that loss of control manifesting in the form of rage against refs. i think that is what makes him different than other coaches who yell a lot. maybe this is just psychobabble, but it always seems to stem from him losing control of the situation and himself, which is not a characteristic you want in a head coach. you want poise, composure, self-control, and focus.

• Fire 4

You are suggesting that an assistant coach charging the field being partially restrained from attacking a legend of college football is normal.

Name one time, if that happened to Coach Osborne, that you would have been okay with it. Oh it never happened, wonder why?

You guys need to get off his nut sack.

Maybe you shouldn't let your wife post.

Two things.

First, Jim Harbaugh is a tool.

Second, you're fooling yourself if you think the Iowa game was just "Bo being Bo" and not a bit of a unique circumstance. We hadn't seem him act like that all season - we hadn't seen him act like that for several seasons. He is not, as a baseline standard, that guy. In chat a lot of us thought that he knew his job was gone after that game, or at least thought he had a good chance to get fired, which resulted in those actions, because they were abnormal.

• Fire 2

how many examples do we have of "that is not bo just being bo"?

but i do not think that explanation of the iowa game, especially because he did not get fired, should assuage concerns. this is a high pressure job and bo has not impressed under pressure. in that way, it was bo being bo.

• Fire 2

how many examples do we have of "that is not bo just being bo"?

but i do not think that explanation of the iowa game, especially because he did not get fired, should assuage concerns. this is a high pressure job and bo has not impressed under pressure. in that way, it was bo being bo.

I agree with you that it shouldn't just alleviate criticism, but I really don't think that example is like the rest unless you zoom out losing all context until you get to the lowest common denominator of "bo was really mad".

His actions that game were the culmination of so many bad thing s we all knew about plus some we probably didnt know about. The fact he has had big blow ups grant him less forgiveness from the public and thats on him. But still, were talking about a passionate guy who was visibly at his boiling point. I just hope to hell he can come out and shine in thiose high pressure situations this year and quiet the masses.

Two things.

First, Jim Harbaugh is a tool.

Second, you're fooling yourself if you think the Iowa game was just "Bo being Bo" and not a bit of a unique circumstance. We hadn't seem him act like that all season - we hadn't seen him act like that for several seasons. He is not, as a baseline standard, that guy. In chat a lot of us thought that he knew his job was gone after that game, or at least thought he had a good chance to get fired, which resulted in those actions, because they were abnormal.

I agree. +1. With the Pelini stuff anyway. As far as Harbaugh, he wins games, which erases all toolness. Right?