Recruiting Notes

I'd have to do some looking at the guys on his list. I don't remember Thurman, Thomas or Patton. I wouldn't include Eikmeier on my list. Carr possibly but he was marginal.

I definitely think Dotzler, Young, Hill, Jones, Agau and Gesell would have been starters at Nebraska. Probably Eliason as well.

I'd have to do some looking at the guys on his list. I don't remember Thurman, Thomas or Patton. I wouldn't include Eikmeier on my list. Carr possibly but he was marginal.

I definitely think Dotzler, Young, Hill, Jones, Agau and Gesell would have been starters at Nebraska. Probably Eliason as well.

Why not Eikmeier? He avg 15.5 ppg as a Jr at CSU. Mike Daum had a great year at SDSU as a freshman last year - led them in pts, reb, 3p%, fg%, ft% (they made the NCAA toruney as well).

Why not Eikmeier? He avg 15.5 ppg as a Jr at CSU. Mike Daum had a great year at SDSU as a freshman last year - led them in pts, reb, 3p%, fg%, ft% (they made the NCAA toruney as well).

I think Eikmeier is a great shooter but I didn't think he'd be physical/strong enough to play in the Big XII. Much better fit for him at a lower level.

I saw Daum play in person several times when he was in high school. He'd be closer than Eikmeier but I think the answer is similar. Better fit at a lower level. I don't think he's athletic enough to compete in the B1G.

We could have used a shooter like Trey Bardsley.

I think Eikmeier is a great shooter but I didn't think he'd be physical/strong enough to play in the Big XII. Much better fit for him at a lower level.

I saw Daum play in person several times when he was in high school. He'd be closer than Eikmeier but I think the answer is similar. Better fit at a lower level. I don't think he's athletic enough to compete in the B1G.

Their numbers wouldn't be quite as high, but I know for sure Daum would have a solid impact for this team.

Thomas played as a freshman for Creighton last season. Patton was a top 50 recruit that RS at CU last year. Thurman is at UNO pretty good player averaged nearly 10 a game his freshman year, but it is the Summit.

• Fire 1

We could have used a shooter like Trey Bardsley.

I saw him play several times and was always impressed. He didn't care who was inside he was going to drive on you and make you foul him and more times than not made the shot anyway. Like you said he could shoot the three as well. I would be curious how he would have faired vs Big 10 competition.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...