Husker fans booing

The sooner we collectively realize that we are really no better than any other fan base the better.

Define "better than." That seems to imply we have some egotism regarding the way we behave toward other teams or their fans. We don't. We're just nice, like typical Nebraskans. You go to most any little town, you say you're from Washington or Vermont or Kentucky & we'll typically say "Welcome to Nebraska" or "What brings you here," or some other nicety.

We'd be pretty rotten sacks of crap if we truly thought we were "better than" anybody else. We're just nice. We're welcoming - even to Miami fans, despite how their team behaved. We had five or six Miami fans in our section. They were treated nicely, everyone talked to them throughout the game, any bitterness was directed toward the field, not them, and when they left, as we wished them a safe ride home, they remarked how they had been treated better here than anywhere else they'd been.

Nobody was being friendly toward them out of some variation of "we're better than you," it was just Nebraskans being Nebraskans.

That's all that happens at Memorial Stadium. Better than/worse than/same as... that's a weird, immeasurable metric.

Amen to this. It's just the right thing to do.

Being there last night and there in 92 for the Halloween Massacre of Ralphie, I honestly believe the Miami team got the better end of the stick. Those were the two darkest times I've seen the stadium and loved it.

When the game started I thought it was comical of those holding the rage in for 20 years and expelling those demons on a bunch of kids who were not thoughts yet, in the womb, or in diapers. After the crap started hitting the fan on the field, by all means let them have it and my benefit of the doubt I'd given that program was gone. Some things just don't change.

The sooner we collectively realize that we are really no better than any other fan base the better.

Define "better than." That seems to imply we have some egotism regarding the way we behave toward other teams or their fans. We don't. We're just nice, like typical Nebraskans. You go to most any little town, you say you're from Washington or Vermont or Kentucky & we'll typically say "Welcome to Nebraska" or "What brings you here," or some other nicety.

We'd be pretty rotten sacks of crap if we truly thought we were "better than" anybody else. We're just nice. We're welcoming - even to Miami fans, despite how their team behaved. We had five or six Miami fans in our section. They were treated nicely, everyone talked to them throughout the game, any bitterness was directed toward the field, not them, and when they left, as we wished them a safe ride home, they remarked how they had been treated better here than anywhere else they'd been.

Nobody was being friendly toward them out of some variation of "we're better than you," it was just Nebraskans being Nebraskans.

That's all that happens at Memorial Stadium. Better than/worse than/same as... that's a weird, immeasurable metric.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by better than. My point is, people should not act like this booing is beneath us, something btw that you have also previously said in this thread. Yes Nebraskans are generally friendly and welcoming to visitors. I'm not saying anyone thinks this makes us better but, some of the reactions to the crowd booing thug players flipping them the bird hint that said booing should be considered being below us. It isn't and it wasn't. That is all I was trying to convey.

I love the fact that all the fans for the opposing teams coming into Lincoln feel we are the best, classiest fans and have such a good experience. Well they should get treated that way at the tailgates and around town and restraunts and what not.

BUT when they walk into our Stadium it should feel like they are walking into a HOSTILE environment. It should be so loud in that place ( like sat night) that the opposing team cant hear a thing going on. Its called home field advantage. Our crown should be like this every game.

• Fire 1

I moved back to Omaha 2.5 years ago from living in WA since I was 5. The most common response when telling someone I moved back? "Why would you move to Nebraska?" I never once got the feeling that Nebraskans think they're better than anyone else.

I typically ask them, "Did you lose a bet?"

It's funny every time.

I had no problem with the booing in this situation with this program. Miami is everything Nebraska is not and they don't deserve my respect.

Just because we are "nice" doesn't mean we have to ignore letting a program know that this dislike and disrespect goes way beyond just what is happening on that day on that field.

Before and after the game, I told Miami fans "welcome to Lincoln". I had no problem with them and hoped they had a great time in Lincoln. But, this program that they cheer for represents everything bad about sports and they proved that they still are that way with their actions on the field on Saturday.

Now, this attitude is very foreign to me because if it literally was any other program in the country, I would be right there with everyone who didn't approve of the booing before the game.

Their players were flipping our fans off, so yeah, they got booed. No big deal.

I'm thinking and coming up empty on scenarios where you're expected to applaud someone giving you the finger.

Came here to post this. Wouldn't put up with this nonsense one bit. If that's true, they deserved the boos.

Their players were flipping our fans off, so yeah, they got booed. No big deal.

I'm thinking and coming up empty on scenarios where you're expected to applaud someone giving you the finger.

Came here to post this. Wouldn't put up with this nonsense one bit. If that's true, they deserved the boos.

It is true right after miamis last touchdown #70 i think it was gave us a nice finger