We have accomplished nothing - reality check time

knapplc

I agree with all of that. Certainly good to see us taking care of business where we should be. It's better than the alternative.

But this week is our Super Bowl, and Wisconsin is our World Series. Basically the entire rest of our schedule is a steaming pile of manure. I'll be happy if we go 1-1 in those games, and don't get blown out in the loss. That should be enough to get to Indy.

The Big 10 is so bad this year at least we won't get blown out this time. On a related note 'making it to Indy' just doesn't carry the same weight for me as it seemed to when we first entered the league. Even if we have a decent season this year with no blowouts I still don't see this program being anywhere near where it should or could be. Not even close.

I really don't think any of us have a clue of where this program is at. I do see improvement in Bo on the sidelines, conversations with media. A much more relaxed head coach. That would indicate that things are getting closer to what he wants. My take anyway.

Next week is the test. A good game, win or lose will tell us where we are. Not going to be an easy task. Their season is now based on beating us at this point, vice versa. Not throwing in the towel or buying the farm at this point. Just see some things changing that I feel are positive.. For most it is just wins and losses, different for me. Improvement in all categories is what I asked for, and we, I think have seen that. Keep moving forward.

GBR

We could easily lose to Michigan State, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Rutgers is better than expected and even Northwestern looked good against previously unbeaten Penn State.

Bottom line, we have plenty of work left on this schedule and we're accumulating injuries rapidly. We have a team that looks worthy to get to Indianapolis but they need to stay focused.

This is a fabulous start and I couldn't be happier. We just have a LOT left on our plate.

We could easily lose to Michigan State, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Rutgers is better than expected and even Northwestern looked good against previously unbeaten Penn State.

Bottom line, we have plenty of work left on this schedule and we're accumulating injuries rapidly. We have a team that looks worthy to get to Indianapolis but they need to stay focused.

This is a fabulous start and I couldn't be happier. We just have a LOT left on our plate.

The game has changed and anyone can beat anyone on a given night, unless you are Michigan. Just keep drinking the red Kool-Aid!

I get it..BUT.. At this point we've done more than any team on our schedule.

Heck ofthe four rankd B10 teams ( OSU, UW, MSU & NU) we are the ONLY one with a win over a P5 program.

Heck MSU is getting tons of love and we've beaten 2 teams (or 3 depending on your view of McNeese) that would have the same record against MSU's schedule as Sparty does.

Let's not go crazy overboard with thinking we're amazing... butwe certainly have done more than nothing.

• Fire 1

I get it..BUT.. At this point we've done more than any team on our schedule.

Heck ofthe four rankd B10 teams ( OSU, UW, MSU & NU) we are the ONLY one with a win over a P5 program.

Heck MSU is getting tons of love and we've beaten 2 teams (or 3 depending on your view of McNeese) that would have the same record against MSU's schedule as Sparty does.

Let's not go crazy overboard with thinking we're amazing... butwe certainly have done more than nothing.

This I can agree with. MSU has a tougher schedule than us so far based on the Oregon game, which they lost. Otherwise they have played no one.

Let's play the game and see what happens

People would do well to not sleep on Rutgers--they'll probably be ranked by the time we play them, and Ralph Friedgen is a lethal OC to not take lightly. Plus if Nova is on...this game could get scary in a hurry.

I worry that with Abdullah, the offense is very good bordering on special. But without him, it is more plodding and more average. Our workload on Abdullah to this point has been tremendous and I hope he is able to maintain that.

The only way to know that is to have Cross play a full game and see how he is used. Which I don't want to see happen until next year

If we removed the Miami game, I'd agree with most that we've accomplished next to nothing this season. However, Miami has a lot of very talented players. Our offense chewed up and spit out their defense which is pretty darn good. Our OL is playing the best we've seen for probably 10-15 years. We may not have the best players at each position we've had since Bo's been here, but I do believe we have the best team playing as a team we've had since Bo's been here. I'm typically the last to dive into the koolaid, but this year's team just feels different to me.

If we removed the Miami game, I'd agree with most that we've accomplished next to nothing this season. However, Miami has a lot of very talented players. Our offense chewed up and spit out their defense which is pretty darn good. Our OL is playing the best we've seen for probably 10-15 years. We may not have the best players at each position we've had since Bo's been here, but I do believe we have the best team playing as a team we've had since Bo's been here. I'm typically the last to dive into the koolaid, but this year's team just feels different to me.

That defense is #14 in the nation right now. We rushed for 343 yards, had total offense of 456 yards, scored 41 points (most points by anybody this year against them).....

But...hey....remember, we haven't accomplished anything yet.

That defense is #14 in the nation right now. We rushed for 343 yards, had total offense of 456 yards, scored 41 points (most points by anybody this year against them).....

Polo thinks Miami may barely qualify for a bowl game. He said it on about page 2 of this thread. Did anyone watch the Miami/Duke game? Duke is pretty good they were 4-0 before the game and rushing for a pretty good clip. Miami held them to like 70 yards rushing.

Personally I think Miami is going to be pretty decent this year going 8-4 maybe 9-3. That QB is going to do nothing but get better as the season goes forward.

• Fire 1

Polo thinks Miami may barely qualify for a bowl game. He said it on about page 2 of this thread. Did anyone watch the Miami/Duke game? Duke is pretty good they were 4-0 before the game and rushing for a pretty good clip. Miami held them to like 70 yards rushing.

Personally I think Miami is going to be pretty decent this year going 8-4 maybe 9-3. That QB is going to do nothing but get better as the season goes forward.

Well.......