*** The Official Michigan State Spartans Game Discussion Thread ***

I know if I was Beck I'd certainly insert some counters and misdirection. I would not use his play book. I'd add those wrinkles you listed.

But no one bitched when we rolled up all those points and rushing yards against our first five opponents. That Miami game was certainly a big game and we won that in grand fashion, so the "they do this in every big game in a row... Ever" guys can GTFO.

McNeese not withstanding, he looked to turn a corner. I held my breath because we'd seen him fall on his face in big games before. It appears he has again.

But I propose that this time, perhaps we just went into a damn tough environment in damn tough conditions to play a damn disciplined team with a damn good coach and a damn good D with an improving O... And lost.

Oddly, I don't feel too much shame in that. I don't feel that bad at all. Disappointed, yes... But our goals are all still there for the taking.

• Fire 1

Great, now we have multiple Pelini's losing the game for us

That wasn't Pelini's fault. He snapped the ball perfectly.

What are you talking about? That was 100% Pelini's fault. When in the last two years have we EVER snapped the ball without the QB clapping first to snap it? TA never signaled for it. TA has been awful tonight but that was all on Pelini

OK, after looking at it again, I admit I was wrong.

This loss ends the Big 10 hunt for us. We will probably never get back into the top 20. We are developing the reputation that most announcers think about us- a powder puff team that can't win the tough ones and will never be a top tier team.

I worked in PA one year and they thought we beat up small schools and ran up the scores to get great rushing stats but could never take on big teams. We proved right again tonight.

If we had won, we would be 6-0 and poised to be in the top 10 with the inside track for the Big 10 Championship game. Somehow we could not muster the motivation and the coaches could not see how Sparty would come at us. Its sad that one more season has been marred.

How does it end the Big 10 hunt for us? MSU is in the East division, we're in the West division. We still have a lot of goals in front of us.