De'Mornay Pierson-El

Taking some time to think this over. I'd like to get DPE some early touches and if they are showing he is a threa, set up an obvious screen to him. Fake it, and throw it to Ameer coming out of the backfield on the other side. Of course our line would actually have to block for a bit to set that up. Would work wonders against an aggressive D.

• Fire 2

He was in WR at the end and ran into Hovey which caused the INT. He also got a carry on an end-around which lost 5 yards.

I love his return abilities but it doesn't make him automatically a guy who should see more time in the regular offense.

Couldn't disagree more. He's got big play ability and has clearly shown that he can catch too. Especially with the injuries we have at that position. Get this guy in space and watch out. Until he proves us wrong how could you not call his number more.

Sooooo....he doesn't know the offense well enough to stay out of the way of our other receivers routes ( a good sign he's running the wrong route) but.....he has play making ability so he should be on the field.....

Got it......

You are criticizing another poster's logic, yet you are using one play as evidence to the player's knowledge of the offense. Additionally, yes, most teams do in fact play their best playmakers.

• Fire 1

Being a returner and being a receiver are very different skillsets.

In this offense, if you don't know what you're doing out there on the field, you are going to cost the team interceptions.

Pierson El will get his. It's a lot on the plate for a true freshman right now.

• Fire 1

Being a returner and being a receiver are very different skillsets.

In this offense, if you don't know what you're doing out there on the field, you are going to cost the team interceptions.

Pierson El will get his. It's a lot on the plate for a true freshman right now.

Well obviously that is correct. However, I would argue not knowing what you are suppose to be doing on any given play could potentially resullt in a turnover. For example, a lineman, who doesn't get the block he was suppose to, could potentially cause a fumble when the quarterback is sacked. I just don't think ONE play should be evidence as a player's lack of knowledge of the offense.

De'Mornay Pierson-El is averaging 55.7 yds on punt return. This best in the country, and he is only one of two players with 2+ TD from punt returns. Man, it's nice to have a lively punt return game this year.

corn.0.gif

Correct me If I am wrong but isn't Pelini much more involved in special teams this year? Odd how less Ross Els equals better results

Yes, I agree. And a lineman who doesn't know what he's doing shouldn't get playing time either.

I agree if you are talking about a lineman who has repeatedly shown his lack of knowledge of the playbook; however, I was respectfully disagree with your presumption if you are basing it off one missed block (which is very similar to the weak logic used above in this thread)

• Fire 1

He has been back on kick-offs with Ameer and Bell. Beck has been using him on somethings in the offense. He has taking a jet sweep twice the last 2 games and never gained a yard. Beck has been trying to get him involved but the ball hasn't really come his way on the passing part of it.

De'Mornay Pierson-El is averaging 55.7 yds on punt return. This best in the country, and he is only one of two players with 2+ TD from punt returns. Man, it's nice to have a lively punt return game this year.

corn.0.gif

Correct me If I am wrong but isn't Pelini much more involved in special teams this year? Odd how less Ross Els equals better results

you are correct.