De'Mornay Pierson-El

He has been back on kick-offs with Ameer and Bell. Beck has been using him on somethings in the offense. He has taking a jet sweep twice the last 2 games and never gained a yard. Beck has been trying to get him involved but the ball hasn't really come his way on the passing part of it.

I don't think I've seen him back on kickoffs all year. Maybe he has a couple times and it just wasn't kicked his way but I've never noticed him back there. The only ones I know that have been are Moore, Newby, Ameer, and KB.

He has been back on kick-offs with Ameer and Bell. Beck has been using him on somethings in the offense. He has taking a jet sweep twice the last 2 games and never gained a yard. Beck has been trying to get him involved but the ball hasn't really come his way on the passing part of it.

I don't think I've seen him back on kickoffs all year. Maybe he has a couple times and it just wasn't kicked his way but I've never noticed him back there. The only ones I know that have been are Moore, Newby, Ameer, and KB.

Agree with gbr.

Agree with gbr.

I remember 1 early, In order to get him involved in the offense means Beck would have to call a pass play for the middle field.

I think he was there the very first game, but never again after that.

I am no football expert, havn't played in years and don't have the technical understanding of our offense that some on this board do but I think it is not possible to feature him on offense YET. Think about it: DPE is crushing punt returns and all of a sudden he is featured in 1 or 2 series on offense. As an opposing DC I am going to key on that big time. How do we disguise DPE in our offense so the D doesn't see him coming? Feature the sh*t out of him in multiple formations/plays and get him the ball every 7th, 8th or 9th play? That would require basically a 3/4 time (at least) commitment to being on offense. He is a true freshman I believe and is he ready for that? He would have to know the playbook, understand pass protection, down field blocking, coverage schemes and run blocking etc... Is he mature enough in the system for that yet? I think everyone here sees the writing on the wall with this kid's talent: he will be doing great things on offense for us in the future. For now, let's enjoy his role and what he brings to the table, let him develop under the coaching staff and just see what happens. Just my 2 ¢.

Being a returner and being a receiver are very different skillsets.

In this offense, if you don't know what you're doing out there on the field, you are going to cost the team interceptions.

Pierson El will get his. It's a lot on the plate for a true freshman right now.

But a wingback/flanker would be right up his alley.....and the suggestion made to have him on one side and Ameer on the other sounds like a good plan.

• Fire 1

He was in WR at the end and ran into Hovey which caused the INT. He also got a carry on an end-around which lost 5 yards.

I love his return abilities but it doesn't make him automatically a guy who should see more time in the regular offense.

Couldn't disagree more. He's got big play ability and has clearly shown that he can catch too. Especially with the injuries we have at that position. Get this guy in space and watch out. Until he proves us wrong how could you not call his number more.

If this wasn't time stamped I would have swore you were talking about Jamal Turner four years ago.

• Fire 1

He was in WR at the end and ran into Hovey which caused the INT. He also got a carry on an end-around which lost 5 yards.

I love his return abilities but it doesn't make him automatically a guy who should see more time in the regular offense.

Couldn't disagree more. He's got big play ability and has clearly shown that he can catch too. Especially with the injuries we have at that position. Get this guy in space and watch out. Until he proves us wrong how could you not call his number more.

If this wasn't time stamped I would have swore you were talking about Jamal Turner four years ago.

I'm still scratching my head about Turner. He's showed flashes of brilliance in the past. What is the knock with Turner as far as not really being called upon in this offense when he wasn't injured that is? Will he get a medical redshirt?