Any chance Gregory stays?

You know, despite the name recognition, I don't know about that. He was in a lot of mock drafts, and NFL teams do like athletic pass rushers with the physical skills, maybe to the point of overlooking other areas.

Seems like Randy hasn't shown enough in run defense though, and would benefit as a player from returning. Of course, his coaches being gone might push him in the other direction again.

You know, despite the name recognition, I don't know about that. He was in a lot of mock drafts, and NFL teams do like athletic pass rushers with the physical skills, maybe to the point of overlooking other areas.

Seems like Randy hasn't shown enough in run defense though, and would benefit as a player from returning. Of course, his coaches being gone might push him in the other direction again.

Well, what made me think about this is the discussion in another thread about the new defense probably is going to be a much more aggressive defense. This might play right into his style of play.

One thing I have always been frustrated at in Bo's scheme is how he uses DEs. It just never made sense to me what they are asked to do. If we get back to a much more aggressive, one gap system, I could see him really really shining and raising his draft stock next year.

• Fire 1

Let's look at this from a Nebraska standpoint. Do we NEED him back? He's projected as high as he is, so you have to look at it from a standpoint of motivation. Would HE feel he can improve on his standing? Suh had reason. While he started to come on strong at the end of '08, he had A LOT of room to grow, and did. His play on the field showed it. So I look at it from a standpoint of mindset. Would it be that beneficial to have him back if he all sudden one days gets it in his head that he regrets coming or doesnt have to be here?

I'm not claiming anything against Randy. It's just some food for thought.

Let's look at this from a Nebraska standpoint. Do we NEED him back? He's projected as high as he is, so you have to look at it from a standpoint of motivation. Would HE feel he can improve on his standing? Suh had reason. While he started to come on strong at the end of '08, he had A LOT of room to grow, and did. His play on the field showed it. So I look at it from a standpoint of mindset. Would it be that beneficial to have him back if he all sudden one days gets it in his head that he regrets coming or doesnt have to be here?

I don't know if we need him back, but if we're running a 3-4 next year, he's going to be playing OLB not DE and could really flourish.

But being projected as a top 5-10 draft pick, doesn't really leave him much incentive to try to move up in the draft.

I don't know if we need him back, but if we're running a 3-4 next year, he's going to be playing OLB not DE and could really flourish.

But being projected as a top 5-10 draft pick, doesn't really leave him much incentive to try to move up in the draft.

We won't be running a 3-4 next season. Banker runs a 4-3.

• Fire 1

We won't be running a 3-4 next season. Banker runs a 4-3.

I thought I read somewhere that he runs a 3-4? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else then

From a pure football standpoint, I would leave. He's already projected as a Top 10 pick, he's had some injury issues here and the staff is an unknown in terms of what they can offer him. I agree that Suh was in different shoes - he would have been drafted following the 2008 season, but, certainly not as high as he was following 2009.