If Bo is let go - who could Nebraska get

Ought to look at Jim McElwain. Nick Sabin disciple. Doing a good job with limited resources. Would implement a power running scheme.

Didn't know who he is so I looked him up. Nice recommendation. I wish I saw a few games of his, but his pedigree so far makes him a great candidate. Possibly the best.

Ought to look at Jim McElwain. Nick Sabin disciple. Doing a good job with limited resources. Would implement a power running scheme.

Didn't know who he is so I looked him up. Nice recommendation. I wish I saw a few games of his, but his pedigree so far makes him a great candidate. Possibly the best.

He's on my list of candidates for sure, he definitely has the experience.

Seen his name a lot on here, he has a buyout of $7.5M, think we would spring for that?

I was questioning this, didn't know if SE is willing to throw around that kind of money. But, some of the big money folk in lincoln might toss in a few bucks for his hire.

A guy who I think could do a very good job and I have not heard much mention is Justin Fuente. He is the head coach at the University of Memphis. Memphis has been an embarrassment of a football program for years, with the exception of a couple of bowl teams while NFL running back Deangelo Williams was there. In just 3 years Fuente has the Tigers going to a bowl game again with a record of 8-3 and a solid shot to win the American Athletic Conference with a record of 6-1 currently.

The tigers had 450 yards of offense and lost by just a touchdown when they played at UCLA. Only other losses come to Ole Miss and a last second lost to Houston.

He was the running backs coach at TCU, then promoted to Co-Offensive Coordinator and QB coach from 2009-2011 before coming to Memphis. He has put in the time and is 38 years old and brought a lot of energy to a bad program and a basketball centered school. I think he could do some great things at a school like Nebraska with a great fan base and big time resources. Food for thought.

My list of good solid real candidates:

Gary Patterson- similiar to Pelini, but adapted to the game on offense this season. This is who Pelini should talk too.

Mark Stoops (UK)- Taken a bad UK team and got some wins in a mega tough conference. 2nd choice.

Jim Mora JR- Could leave UCLA for a job with the history of NU.

Jim Tressel- Had Ohio St a contender year in and year out. This is my first option.

Paul Johnson ( Ga Tech)- I like his style of offense. Traditional triple option, mixed with some big plays. Recuits well to a mediocre football school. Took Navy to a bowl game with Naval recruits. Will play FSU for ACC titile in a couple of weeks.

Have not heard Pat Hill in a while. Love that guy. Firey, but under control, can recruit to a garbage spot like Fresno, Made some good QB's for sure. He was my choice when we took Bo. Is even coaching now. I know Fresno was his dream job, stated many times had no interest in leaving.

Let's not insult garbage by comparing it to Fresno.

• Fire 1