If you want change--vote with your feet, don't go to the Minnesota game

Bo embarasses us against Wisconsin again.

Fanbase rallies by not showing up to Minnesota game, 20,000 empty seats.

Announcer on PA "AND ANOTHER SELLOUT!"

Rest of College football world shakes head at sellout streak.

Common sense people shake heads at morons who dont understand difference between sellouts and simple attendance.

• Fire 3

This is why it's so tough for me if I was a ticket holder. Senior day. Guys like Ameer deserve to have a full stadium. I just feel there would be better ways to make a statement. We should be able to trust the folks in charge enough to make the right decisions without having to ruin what is probably the last great thing we have, and that is the perception of a loyal fanbase, win lose rain or shine.

What guys like Ameer deserved was a better leader so his last games weren't Minnesota and whomever our bowl opponent is on December 28th

Bo doesnt have control over the BigTen schedule.

And that doesnt excuse the fact that guys like Ameer who has done everything right deserves a full house. I guess what I'm trying to say is it really shouldnt be taken out on the players. Like you said, he's deserved a better leader. Well, he deserves to be applauded for doing everything he could with what he's had.

Again, explain to me how a paying fan not going to the game is NOT supporting Ameer?

If I'm not mistaken (and someone please correct me if wrong), box receipts don't pay player scholarships at UNL, right? Doesn't that come from endowment money?

Lets assume you had a daughter and she had a dance recital coming up. Would you go to it?

Funny you say that - I have TWO daughters, actually. Eight and eleven.

Both are honors students and are active in extra-curricular activities at school and our church. So obviously, our time is precious to us as a family of four.

Now, if we think that any of the people in charge of that extra-curricular activity aren't giving their 100% level best...we don't let my children participate in it. Why?

Because we are teaching our kids to give their best for what they believe in. And we communicate that to them. Everybody, especially leadership, must do their part for success.

So, to your argument - if the ballet instructor was late all the time and not showing up on time - well, my daughter isn't participating in that instructor's class.

Equate that to a parent with their son, sitting in their living room. Mark Pelini is sitting on their loveseat, trying to convince them to let their son come hundreds of miles, hours away from their home. And that parent watched the Wisconsin game with their son. What do you think that parent would say?

See how that works?

• Fire 1

Go and cheer for the team. It's what fans do. It's what Nebraska fans supposedly do better than others.

Minnesota is a good team. They won't be easy to beat. Root for Nebraska to beat them.

Root for the players to get their sh#t together. Chances are they're pretty humiliated right now. Maybe they deserve to be, but everyone deserves a shot at redemption. At least according to every movie I've ever seen.

Root for some exciting plays. Remind Ameer Abdullah that his entire career wasn't a mirage.

Don't be petulant. You paid good money for that McNeese State game, too.

If you're frustrated, scream. Stadiums are a safe place for that.

If you think you're punishing the coach or the administration by staying home, you're not. All parties are keenly aware of the Bo Pelini deathwatch, along with the rest of the college football community. If the narrative is that Nebraska fans deserve better, we get to prove it by being better fans.

As always, it's up to Bo Pelini and the team to prove it on the field.

Don't kid yourself. The leash is extremely short.

Which is why this game might be entertaining for all sorts of reasons.

• Fire 1

Funny you say that - I have TWO daughters, actually. Eight and eleven.

Both are honors students and are active in extra-curricular activities at school and our church. So obviously, our time is precious to us as a family of four.

Now, if we think that any of the people in charge of that extra-curricular activity aren't giving their 100% level best...we don't let my children participate in it. Why?

Because we are teaching our kids to give their best for what they believe in. And we communicate that to them. Everybody, especially leadership, must do their part for success.

So, to your argument - if the ballet instructor was late all the time and not showing up on time - well, my daughter isn't participating in that instructor's class.

Equate that to a parent with their son, sitting in their living room. Mark Pelini is sitting on their loveseat, trying to convince them to let their son come hundreds of miles, hours away from their home. And that parent watched the Wisconsin game with their son. What do you think that parent would say?

See how that works?

I don't agree...I have 4 kids and my 2 boys (14 and 8) play every sport they can. This last year, the 15U baseball team got a new coach that I absolutely can't stand. I have had issues with him before when he coached my oldest in peewees. We told my son that he will not play for that guy and that is the final answer. My son went all summer watching his friends play a sport he absolutely loves and it was very upsetting to him and now that I look back on it, I shouldn't have punished him because of my dislike for the coach.

Don't be petulant. You paid good money for that McNeese State game, too.

With all due respect, you just proved my point with this one line.

I don't agree...I have 4 kids and my 2 boys (14 and 8) play every sport they can. This last year, the 15U baseball team got a new coach that I absolutely can't stand. I have had issues with him before when he coached my oldest in peewees. We told my son that he will not play for that guy and that is the final answer. My son went all summer watching his friends play a sport he absolutely loves and it was very upsetting to him and now that I look back on it, I shouldn't have punished him because of my dislike for the coach.

I was answering someone's question to me on how I would handle a situation as a parent. This thread isn't about how we, as parents, handle different situations. Not trying to get in your business, but I'm sure you had good reasons for holding your son out that only you and you alone can explain to your son. We're not always right as parents, but we strive to be, hopefully.

For example, some parents use corporal punishment to discipline their children, some don't. But, that's not the issue here.

The issue is how some are treated when they say they are not going to the game because of their dislike for the head football coach. Again, this doesn't speak about the players themselves. Fans have a right to pay or not pay their money into a business.

While I agree that if people are looking for change they need to make a statement, I don't agree with not showing up. The tickets are sold already and it won't change the sellout streak. If people really want to make a statement, don't renew your tickets next year. Remember. There is no longer a waiting list since the latest expansion was finished.

While I agree that if people are looking for change they need to make a statement, I don't agree with not showing up. The tickets are sold already and it won't change the sellout streak. If people really want to make a statement, don't renew your tickets next year. Remember. There is no longer a waiting list since the latest expansion was finished.

No, but empty seats in a stadium tells a whole heck of a lot about how unhappy a fan base is.

Don't believe me?

580x307xmichigan-student-seating-lol.jpg

fla-tn-2008-2.jpg

Anyone who thinks like the op can fedex me there tickets. I can find someone to go.

How some of you are considered adults is mind boggling to me. It's two games. I hated last Saturday as much as the next person but it's one game. Let's hope our guys respond this week and finish the season strong. 11-2 is a HELL of a year. This team is only graduating 13 kids. The sky is not falling.

RELAX and enjoy the little bit of college football we have left.

• Fire 2

This is an issue that every fan has to make up their own mind about. I can see both sides of it. If you feel strongly enough that change needs to happen, then by all means stay home. If you think your fandom compels you to support the players, especially these seniors, at all costs, then by all means go ahead and show up. Neither makes a person more of or less of a fan. Some will try to tell you it does but it doesn't.

Personally, I have not felt the urge to go to games since Solich roamed the sidelines. I was not happy with the Callahan mistake, I think I attended 1 game during the BC era. It just wasn't the type of football I had grown to love. I also have only been to one home game during Pelini's 7 years. Why? Because ever since the debacle in Boulder, I decided I have the option to avoid attending likely losses in person. I don't like to spend that time, effort, and money to see an inferior product on the field. So, that has ruled out going to the "big" games or games with good opponents. (usually the most desirable games). And that leaves the games like Purdue, Illinois, McNeese, Wyoming, etc. (you know the games I'm talking about- the ones we GD better well win but really aren't worth an 8 hour trip to see in person). If I had the luxury of living within a couple hours of Lincoln, I'm sure I would feel much differently. But since I live 8 hours away, deciding against making the trip to see a team stumblefuck around the field, well it makes it a fairly easy decision for me. I can already hear some of you saying I'm not a very good fan. I may not be, but I watch every game and I cannot help cheering for and wanting my Huskers to win deep in my heart. Sorry but that's about as good as my fandom gets. I have recently discovered that I am, and have always been, really more of a fan of Tom Osborne than of the team or University per se. I liked those years. I attended college at UNL those years. I don't like what our program has become under Callahan and Pelini. I probably am spoiled and entitled. Don't care, that's how it is. And when a coach shows as much disdain for the general fanbase as Pelini does, he isn't going to get my unquestioning support. When the ineptitude is as great as it has been in our ugly blowout losses, that system/process/coach is not going to maintain my unwavering support. I have already been voting with my feet for about 12 years so you can see how little good that really does. However, if enough people did it at one time, it might be noticeable to someone that matters. Personally, I don't think the Nebraska fanbase is cut out for that kind of statement. The fans are too hardcore, rain or shine types, and I can't imagine Memorial stadium not filling up on a Saturday. That is maybe both a good thing and a curse.

Part of the problem here is that we really have no idea if Eichorst has our backs or not. We don't have any real idea of where he stands on this. I think that is just the nature of the beast. But, if we knew what his expectations and tolerance level were, I think many of us would feel better knowing what we might expect to happen at seasons end. My gut tells me that he will stick with a 9 win coach forever, regardless how those 9 wins come about and regardless how ugly and inept the losses are. I guess that, more than anything, is why I would sort of like to see the fans make a statement. It sucks for the players who deserve our support but, the future players also deserve our best and the Pelini staff is not the best we can offer them, nowhere near it. Those future players deserve better than to get their asses handed to them whenever they play a halfway decent team. So, when your talking about how these players deserve our support, please also consider the future players who may have to experience Pelini belittling them on the sideline while failing to make any adjustments to correct the trajectory of the game.

• Fire 2

Anyone who thinks like the op can fedex me there tickets. I can find someone to go.

How some of you are considered adults is mind boggling to me. It's two games. I hated last Saturday as much as the next person but it's one game. Let's hope our guys respond this week and finish the season strong. 11-2 is a HELL of a year. This team is only graduating 13 kids. The sky is not falling.

RELAX and enjoy the little bit of college football we have left.

Wrong sir, it is not two games. If this was Bo's first blip on the radar most everyone here wouldn't be calling for change. It's the fact it's the same story ever since we joined the Big 10 with no sign that Bo will change. We are tired of being blown out on the national stage, we want to be competitive. When you start giving up 600 yards to teams, and allowing players to break the FBS rushing record it's time for a change. It took Gordon 3 quarters to break that record....LT played UTEP in order to break it.