***Official Head Coaching Search Discussion***

iamanewby

Paul Chryst is pass too

You're a pass, BRO!

Just kiddin ya, buddy

I'm a pass on Chryst too. Don't see him being much of a hire unless he's the only guy that hasn't told SE no.

I don't want Chryst either. I just wanted to take the opportunity to yell at ADS

I hate Bielema but he would be an infintiely better hire than Mullen. Yeah, we all know the B1G west is an easier path to the championship but he certainly doesn't seem to be much of a big game coach. He doesn't have many players on the roster from outside the MS, LA, AL area-classes have been good but can he replicate that here? Plus he just pulled shade on a kid. Kid was set to graduate early and enroll at Miss St after Christmas. 16 days before graduation he pulled his scholarship offer. Asked him to grayshirt which apparently would have him not enrolling until the next Spring semester. The kid had offers from Auburn, ASU and Clemson before he committed to Miss St. I don't' think it's cool to mess with high school kids.

Reading that the decision might come on Sunday. So more than likely the next coach is still coaching yet this weekend. RIGHT??

That leaves : Rich Rod--Paul Johnson--Briles--Patterson----Frost--Kirby Smart--Herman--

If not, and you have your guy, why not announce now? Is it out of courtesy, and letting coach have time after bowl matchups have announced as well? I would think that its time now to save recruits and get your name out for drawing more recruits........

The right coach hired now could draw some high names before signing day.

• Fire 1

Reading that the decision might come on Sunday. So more than likely the next coach is still coaching yet this weekend. RIGHT?? (...)

If not, and you have your guy, why not announce now?

Isn't there the 7-day job opening posted period, or 10 days, or whatever it is? That's probably it.

Sunday would make 7 days exactly since Bo's firing.

Reading that the decision might come on Sunday. So more than likely the next coach is still coaching yet this weekend. RIGHT?? (...)

Isn't there the 7-day job opening posted period, or 10 days, or whatever it is? That's probably it.

Yes, I believe that is correct based on the old Bo hiring thread many moons ago.

There is something like that but there is also a waiver process that is often used for coaches.

Reading that the decision might come on Sunday. So more than likely the next coach is still coaching yet this weekend. RIGHT??

That leaves : Rich Rod--Paul Johnson--Briles--Patterson----Frost--Kirby Smart--Herman--

If not, and you have your guy, why not announce now? Is it out of courtesy, and letting coach have time after bowl matchups have announced as well? I would think that its time now to save recruits and get your name out for drawing more recruits........

The right coach hired now could draw some high names before signing day.

Or the future OC is...

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 9m9 minutes ago

Three of the head coaches in the current top 4 (Helfrich, Patterson, Fisher) didn't have previous head coaching experience, and 6 of top 10.

Mike Schaefer@mikejschaefer 6m6 minutes ago

@HuskerExtraSip Those three all were coordinators at same school they took over, which I consider a big difference in being comfortable.

So Tim Beck is the next HC at Nebraska!