Who hires Pelini next

I wish Bo would have been more successful but this is business and when the product you produce (field play) is sub-par, the "company" has to make the decision it did. I hope Bo does well wherever he goes but it was time for him and the university to part ways

I think he will do very well where ever he goes. He knows what mistakes to not make. He dug to deep a hole here with his well noted blunders to get out. When he goes elsewhere he gets a fresh start and can almost guarantee going somewhere that doesn't care nearly as much as Husker fans do and will be satisfied with this type of 7 year record.

To me it's not even a question whether or not he gets another job, but what kind........high level D1 like Florida, Michigan, etc. OR low to mid like a Kansas/Kent St.

I think he makes a far better position coach or DC. But really, Bo is rich and doesn't need to work again. He could take the money and retire.

• Fire 1

I guess maybe I'm different than most. I don't see Bo getting an immediate Head Coaching job elsewhere. Not on this level anyway. When you look back and think about it, it's surprising Nebraska hired a first time HC in the first place.

Bo did learn a lot here. He learned most lessons the hard way. There's also plenty Bo didn't learn or refused to learn from. He didn't sound like a guy open to change or evolution. Probably the biggest reason he's no longer the coach, obviously other reasons as well.

His ability to deal with media, control the perception of himself and his players, and not let outside influence and negativity become such a huge part of his teams focus, are all question marks about Bo as a HC candidate moving forward. That's just off the field stuff. Obviously on the field and his willingness to challenge himself with great offensive and defensive assistants surrounding him are other issues.

If he wants to stay as a head coach in college then I think Kansas would be a fantastic place for him to land. He won't have to put up with the same amount of media scrutiny that he did in Lincoln and the fans will be happy with being bowl eligible every year. His defensive schemes should still work reasonably well against the type of offenses they run in the Big 12.

• Fire 3