NU never contacted Scott Frost per Oregon Head Coach

Frost has a CCG to win this weekend. If he was on SE's list, Frost wouldn't have spoken with SE until after the CCG. As an AD, SE would know this is common practice.

When Oregon makes the playoff, I could see Frost staying off-limits to suitors until after ducks win it all (or lose). It's the first year of the playoff, what coach is gonna risk screwing that up? Not everyone is a "Brian Kelly".

You might think that this administration doesn't want Frost or anyone with Husker connections. Maybe there is so much infighting that they decided to go with a complete unknown so that nobody got who they wanted? Personally, I think the CSU coach was the intended target and they scrambled as soon as Florida hired him.

• Fire 2

I just read a story on oregonlive.com. In it, Frost stated he was shocked that not only is Riley leaving OSU, but he got Nebraska job. Frost is either playing it cool or he's not coming as OC. I suspect it's the latter.

I would believe that he has not talked to anyone about asst. coaching positions, yet. The longer it is open, the longer Scott might be an option. I am sure he would wait until after the bowls. It is only right