OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

Probably posted already- Our AD does not have any relationship with any of the coaches. He is very similar to Pedey in the way he deals with his coaches- through his secretary. So to Bo's point that he hides under a rock- is true and maybe it was frustrating at times for Bo. Doesn't seem like a guy that wants to be micromanaged, or needs a daily affirmation.

But in the end, coach was able to receive all his wishes on his Christmas list (increased funding for recruiting, etc... salary increase). So even tho the two of them never hugged it out, he had great support from 92,000 fans filling up the stadium every saturday, and a very patient administration that sat thru some of his garbage tantrums and general malaise towards the state and its fan base .

And all of you would crumble in one week under the pressure he had, but as we all know you guys all run multi million dollar companies with 120 lives in your hands everyday, so it's cool I get it.

Bo would crap down his leg in the first two hours if he did my job. I chase armed criminals and have been shot at. I investigate rapes and murders. Lives are literally in my hands every day. The 120 lives you're talking about aren't even at risk.

• Fire 5

not if you truly believe your new hire can recruit. The "that guy is gone" pitch would be pretty easy in this situation if you are any recruiter worth your salt.

Bo has caused unnecessary work for his successor. These glib explanations for why none of this is a problem completely ignore that.

I get what you're saying, but I think Bo just accomplished the opposite. His actions have made a true clean start possible. No one can defend Bo anymore and what he did was close the door on his Legacy.

These new coaches will have to take all the leadership because it hasn't been developed and nurtured. As bad as this situation is, I think it is all on Bo and good for the program moving forward.

These players believed in him. Many calling him a father figure.

Much like any adolescent young man, you're gonna learn a thing or two from the impressions a "father figure" makes on you.

These kids have been fed a lot of negativity, resentment, and really a cowards mentality that will be hard to wash away quickly. I mean, any man who cowers with evey struggle he faces, and points fingers every time adversity strikes, well that simply nobody to look up to. Not if you want to overcome the hurdles of life anyway.

I guess that is my question. Name one thing he has said that is wrong. Nobody can prove anything he said is wrong. You may not agree, but its not "wrong".

Bo was wrong to call Nebraska fans "F-ing fair-weather fans." We've packed that stadium every game, every year he's been here, and 40-something years before that. We'll probably pack it 40 more years. That isn't a group of fair-weather fans. I don't blame the people who left that Ohio State game. They were watching a terrible product for the better part of the game. They missed an epic comeback, but they were right in choosing not to watch the team bumble around.

Bo was wrong not to change his defensive philosophies. His team got absolutely embarrassed in the 2011 Big Ten Championship. Three years later with not one player who played a down in that game, he gives up a (then) D1A record to Melvin Gordon.

Bo was wrong to blame that Wisconsin game performance on "the negativity" rather than his inability to prepare the players to play a 60-minute game. That Wisconsin game had NOTHING to do with the fans, the media or Eichorst or Perlman. It had everything to do with Bo's shortcomings as a leader, and to blame ANYTHING but himself is wrong. Hugely wrong.

Bo was wrong when he claimed he pointed the thumb. He clearly blames Eichorst for his failings. Read the transcript, it's right there.

I could go on and on, just about the latter 1/4 of this season, and the days after his termination.

Don't try to sell this "nothing Bo said was wrong." No intelligent person is going to buy that.

Wrong. He was talking only about the fans that left. Don't let facts get in the way of you opinion.
I addressed why he was wrong about those fans.

And that doesn't do anything to refute the rest of that post, all of which are irrefutable. And there are many, many more examples of Bo being wrong.

Bo not changing his defensive scheme. Well considering most believe he is a defensive guru, and has put up great defensive numbers for most of his career, Ill assume that he knows more about how to coach defense then some poster on the Internet.

408 yards to a single player this season. 600+ to UCLA. 70 points to a 7-5 Wisconsin team. 63 to an Ohio State team.

The only seasons where our defenses were actually solid against good opponents were 09-10. And that's because of Suh and an incredible secondary.

And all of you would crumble in one week under the pressure he had, but as we all know you guys all run multi million dollar companies with 120 lives in your hands everyday, so it's cool I get it.

Bo would crap down his leg in the first two hours if he did my job. I chase armed criminals and have been shot at. I investigate rapes and murders. Lives are literally in my hands every day. The 120 lives you're talking about aren't even at risk.

Thank you. That sweeping generalization was probably the post on here that annoyed me the most. As if coaching a football team is the most stressful job in the universe when there are people risking their lives for much less money.

You guys are pu&&y. I like Bo even more.

Look at almost any thread, and if you think you "fans" are not more negative and childish the Bo, your delusional. SE sounds like a complete loser.

Bring it.

lol at this
Can't engage in any real discussion ... Why you afraid?
Well as long as you're asking, sometimes I wonder if I am living up to my full potential, that I am getting the most juice out of the proverbial orange that is life. Also, like many I fear death and life after death, where do we go? Is there even life after death? Thanks I really needed this, you're a good listener.
Your welcome. I'm glad I can help you out, but once you start agreeing with me on my post you begin to make real progress.

I don't understand why you get to bash on other people's opinions because yours is different

Welcome to the internets. Have a look around and let somebody know if you need any help. We've been waiting for you.

oh, i thought this was in reference to bo bashing eichorst because they had different opinions on what makes a competent, quality head coach that is also a good face of the program.

Dont you think that this might have a way of uniting the fan base around the new coach and his staff? I think there were a lot of people who were on the fence about his hiring--thus maybe a bit reluctant to accept a new coach and this may move a LOT of folks to the same side

You have big thighs.

i've seen bigger.

Everyone who wanted a Nebraska 30/30, you may get your wish. They've been all over Miami's jock because controversy sells. The Bo Pelini Era has been nothing but controversy, and this chapter would help it end with a bang.

Reilly has to be successful in order to get the 30/30 story. Have to hAve a rise and fall with a rise again.

I supported Bo during his entire time here and still believe he did a good job. Also believe we needed a change.

With that said I can in no way defend Bo on this. It is very disappointing. I believe as a coach you should always show grace and class no matter the situation in order to lead the young men/women that are looking at you as a father figure. What he did was simply inexcusable. He had a chance to make a positive statement before leaving and instead did not.

After this I am 100% glad we have gone in a different direction. Riley is definitely a breath of fresh air that was definitely needed.

• Fire 1

You can call your boss anything and everything you want to. But, there are times and places to call your boss a c*** and p****, and this moist certainly wasn't.

Some of the places and times you can rant and call your boss a c*** and d******* are:

- in your sleep

- at the dentist

- to your wife or husband

- to the person at the drive through when waiting for your food

- to the airline pilot when boarding

- to your co-pilot (make sure he or she isn't your boss)

- to your new friend, Mr. Walkie Stickie, who you met while hiking and happened to find it laying on the ground with other Mr and Mrs Walkie Stickies

- to your new boss

- alone in the dark

- into a seashell

- at the zoo to a Panda bear who is up close to the window

- to your kid's best friend

- to the empty beds of the children you wished you had

- to that s*******, Mike, who sucks and keeps saying how cool he is and well-traveled for having visited NYC for a week and you're like "but I lived in Holland and Italy for years. I even studied in Singapore! NYC is dumb. What a s******."

- in a field and playing with army men

However, when he is no longer your boss you have free right to speak your mind

Come on PC. Nobody, literally nobody, has said Bo doesn't have the right to say what he wants. This might be the weakest attempt at an excuse for this behavior that I've seen all day. Bo can say anything he wanT's and then most of us reasonable folk will point out how it was wrong for him to do so. A few others will argue weak, meaningless points on why Bo can be a classless douchebag.