Tim Beck to Ohio State

How many top 5 teams did our past coach beat, how many top 20 teams embarrassed us, even non ranked teams embarrassed us.

Keep on dangling.

Aren't you the new lead poster on the Youngstown State forum, they do have one don't they?

Keep on justifying. I don't follow the Youngstown State forum, but thanks for checking. There are a couple of posters on here who provided links to Youngstown State, so others may be better able to answer your question. I'm aware of how big a deal the McNeese State game was to you.....with the frequency you brought it up. But I'm sure it doesn't matter that Riley lost to two FCS schools........

OSUs offense will now fold in big games.

This should help with our new staff swaying Joe burrow to NU. Beck basically gave the burrows the middle finger when they tried to meet with the coaches when they were in Lincoln.

Can you elaborate on this?

Burrow and his family wanted to be Huskers. He didn't even get an invite to our QB camp while getting invites to OhioSts, Bamas, WVUs. Burrow was dreaming/hoping for a Neb offer and the coaching staff wanted nothing of him. He is a legacy kid.

Crazy. Hopefully Riley can swoop in and save the day there.

How many top 5 teams did our past coach beat, how many top 20 teams embarrassed us, even non ranked teams embarrassed us.

Keep on dangling.

Aren't you the new lead poster on the Youngstown State forum, they do have one don't they?

Keep on justifying. I don't follow the Youngstown State forum, but thanks for checking. There are a couple of posters on here who provided links to Youngstown State, so others may be better able to answer your question. I'm aware of how big a deal the McNeese State game was to you.....with the frequency you brought it up. But I'm sure it doesn't matter that Riley lost to two FCS schools........
Why are people still arguing about this? Bo is gone, get over it. Give Riley a chance before you condemn the guy

Keep on dangling.

Why are people still arguing about this? Bo is gone, get over it. Give Riley a chance before you condemn the guy

You guys. Find the tangent thread to keep going at this 'Mike Riley loses to FCS teams' stuff.

• Fire 2

How many top 5 teams did our past coach beat, how many top 20 teams embarrassed us, even non ranked teams embarrassed us. Keep on dangling. Aren't you the new lead poster on the Youngstown State forum, they do have one don't they?

You guys. Find the tangent thread to keep going at this 'Mike Riley loses to FCS teams' stuff.

I have a better idea. How about TheSker joining a different board since he obviously is rooting harder for our ex-coaches than our new staff.

• Fire 9

I would not say he is good or bad, I do not have the knowledge to make that call.

I will say Watson was thought to be a great talent by Coach Osborne, he did not fair well here, but went on to Louisville, and now at Texas I think.

Beck being hired by Ohio State, tells me he has talent, or at least Urban feels he has talent.

One common denominator in the whole situation.

He now coaches at an FCS program. Just sayin

Interesting to see Beck go to one of the top progrums in the nation, and Bo fall all the way to the FCS.

If I was being paid $3+ million as part of a buyout on top of the salary he is getting at Youngstown, I would take a job in my hometown too. It's not a matter of him dropping to FCS, but more his choice to do so.
Wonder which jobs he turned down.

When he basically confirmed during audiogate 1 this was a stepping stone job for him, who would have guessed he was actually looking to take a huge step down?

Just seems counterintuitive.

Less stress, hometown, out of the spotlight he created for himself, still getting paid like a top coach...you're right though it's counter intuitive
Or maybe it was simply the best job he was offered. Occam's razor and such.

the best head coaching job offered, probably. But you have admit with the other variables I have stated, that's a pretty sweet gig. So why go be a DC somewhere in D1 just because.

I wouldn't say I'm needing to be scraped of pelini's jock, I'm logically stating that he took a job that has a ton of upside for him personally other than football

I view Beck and Watson as very similar. Both had strengths, but both had some major flaws. I still believe Watson was a genius at pre-game planning. His offenses routinely started games on fire. He weakness was that he couldn't adjust during the game. If Meyer uses Beck's strengths, but limits his bone-headedness, it will help OSU. As far as QB coach??? That is a joke. I saw nothing at NU that displayed any QB coaching.

I agree with the contention that sometimes Coach Beck called very effective plays and other times you just wanted to ask him, 'What were you thinking?' when the plays were working and he would switch to something else (Passing in the Red Zone when the run had been effective.) Many of us have had bosses that were just awful and it effected our job performances. Then we get a boss who is very encouraging, and our job performance goes through the roof. Perhaps that will happen to Coach Beck.

I wish him well. Sometimes, a change is what people need to excel. Perhaps that will happen to him AND to Coach Riley. Coach Riley is going to be able to put all the energies he might have been using on having to do without at Oregon St. and use it to really, for perhaps once in his career, make a program excel all the way to a National Championship. We'll see. I vote we wait to see what he can do and go from there. GO BIG RED!

• Fire 1

OSUs offense will now fold in big games.

This should help with our new staff swaying Joe burrow to NU. Beck basically gave the burrows the middle finger when they tried to meet with the coaches when they were in Lincoln.

Can you elaborate on this?

The burrows showed up at north stadium while they were visiting in Lincoln. Our entire staff ignored the entire family and didn't even know or acknowledge them. Not a hello or anything. Pissed them off. This Tim beck hire helps NU and Riley

• Fire 2

Interesting to see Beck go to one of the top progrums in the nation, and Bo fall all the way to the FCS.

If I was being paid $3+ million as part of a buyout on top of the salary he is getting at Youngstown, I would take a job in my hometown too. It's not a matter of him dropping to FCS, but more his choice to do so.
Wonder which jobs he turned down.

When he basically confirmed during audiogate 1 this was a stepping stone job for him, who would have guessed he was actually looking to take a huge step down?

Just seems counterintuitive.

Less stress, hometown, out of the spotlight he created for himself, still getting paid like a top coach...you're right though it's counter intuitive
Or maybe it was simply the best job he was offered. Occam's razor and such.

the best head coaching job offered, probably. But you have admit with the other variables I have stated, that's a pretty sweet gig. So why go be a DC somewhere in D1 just because.

I wouldn't say I'm needing to be scraped of pelini's jock, I'm logically stating that he took a job that has a ton of upside for him personally other than football

being in a profession where you get paid an obscene am out for failing is a pretty sweet gig in general.