SIGNED - WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr.

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Top bad he would have to remain committed to us for almost a year, going to make us pull our hair out when Bama, tOSU and USC start making hard pushes after the 2016 class is wrapped up. I like our chances, but this is going to give us pull our hair out.

The good news if he does wind up picking us is he's been quoted (and so has KJ SR.) that he is shutting down his recruiting process once he commits. He wants to peer recruit for wherever he winds up choosing, which is why he was taking all these visits so early. Hopefully he can convince Gebbia and Holmes to come to UNL and do the same, having those 3 as the starting base for the 2017 class would give us a chance to get in on some SERIOUS talent.

We would sign a top 10 class IMO

Him and the crew will be visiting in March during spring practice. KJS said his son will be making a decision next month.....

That definitely favors us if he's deciding this early. He's visited here twice (to be three). Can't recall him going anywhere else that often. Said that same about some others though in the 2016 class.

I believe he's been here more than that... Like 6-7 times

Correct. This would be his 6th time I believe.

I'm sure he's planning trips to other schools too, like they did last year, but still I like our chances to land him. Don't think he's visited any other school more than NU, has he?

If he could just get one of his teammates to commit with him, I'll be more than happy.

I'm guessing if Jr. Commutes, McQuitty out of Columbia Mo will quickly follow and those two will be the leaders in peer recruiting. Remember reading something that they became pretty good friends, but it could be wishful thinking.

It "feels" like when we missed on WR's this year that most of the board "feels" that next years class is the "cream". So, Jr. is a MUST get early and then he must pier recruit. At least we will know early what direction he is committing to. Then, we will have to work our butt off and avoid last seasons mistakes and maybe we can turn the corner.

It "feels" like when we missed on WR's this year that most of the board "feels" that next years class is the "cream". So, Jr. is a MUST get early and then he must pier recruit. At least we will know early what direction he is committing to. Then, we will have to work our butt off and avoid last seasons mistakes and maybe we can turn the corner.

Hmmm will Key Jr. help recruit this one,

pier_omg.jpg

or this one,

lookdown.jpg

Either way these are the types that Nebraska needs to recruit in order to turn the corner.

• Fire 4

I can see it now

The Calabasas crew all decide to create a legacy at Nebraska. They peer recruit like crazy, convincing a host of top-talent players to be the ones that get Nebraska back. In Riley's Year 4 we win the conference with an extremely strong sophomore class, make the playoffs, Riley rides off into the sunset, Scott Frost inherits a "back" Nebraska program for the next three decades.

Too much?

• Fire 2

I can see it now

The Calabasas crew all decide to create a legacy at Nebraska. They peer recruit like crazy, convincing a host of top-talent players to be the ones that get Nebraska back. In Riley's Year 4 we win the conference with an extremely strong sophomore class, make the playoffs, Riley rides off into the sunset, Scott Frost inherits a "back" Nebraska program for the next three decades.

Too much?

Not enough. Tell me more!

tumblr_m96kdnRg2A1qiqhhv.gif

I can see it now

Too much?

Not enough. Tell me more!

tumblr_m96kdnRg2A1qiqhhv.gif

Yes please