SIGNED - WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr.

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Slightly depressing tweet.

Not sure if it means much. Probably doesn't. Still not something you wanna see

Are we really doing this again...

I can just as easily say, psychologically, that that means Keyshawn has made up his mind and is leaving the state of California to go to school (putting us even more as the frontrunner than we are now). Hell, I'm from Denver and live in Nebraska now. Every time I go back to visit family, worst part of the trip is watching the mountains in the rear view as I drive home.

That's the way I took the tweet when I saw it.

Bleacher Report

Keyshawn Johnson Jr.—a 4-star wide receiver, per 247Sports' composite rankings, and son of USC legend Keyshawn Johnson—is set to commit to a college next year, and many people are wondering whether he'll follow in his father's footsteps and become a Trojan. Which colleges are in his top five? What are the odds on where he'll commit? Watch Bleacher Report College Football Analyst Adam Kramer discuss Keyshawn Johnson Jr. in the video above.

What I find interesting about this guy's guess is that he really doesn't give any reason for him to go to USC than "his dad went there" and he attended their bowl game.

Bleacher Report

Keyshawn Johnson Jr.—a 4-star wide receiver, per 247Sports' composite rankings, and son of USC legend Keyshawn Johnson—is set to commit to a college next year, and many people are wondering whether he'll follow in his father's footsteps and become a Trojan. Which colleges are in his top five? What are the odds on where he'll commit? Watch Bleacher Report College Football Analyst Adam Kramer discuss Keyshawn Johnson Jr. in the video above.

What I find interesting about this guy's guess is that he really doesn't give any reason for him to go to USC than "his dad went there" and he attended their bowl game.

He casually likes to leave out the fact that Keyshawn has visited, what, 6 times?

I haven't even read the tweet because my work blocks twitter from being shown on the computers at all but you guys do realize these kids do things besides think about where they are going to go to college right?

Kid could've gotten his first BJ and tweeted "best night of my life!" and half the people on this place would assume he "silently committed". No point in reading into anything that probably isn't there

• Fire 1

I haven't even read the tweet because my work blocks twitter from being shown on the computers at all but you guys do realize these kids do things besides think about where they are going to go to college right?

Kid could've gotten his first BJ and tweeted "best night of my life!" and half the people on this place would assume he "silently committed". No point in reading into anything that probably isn't there

All star high school junior, and just got his first blowie? Kids are better behaved than I thought

• Fire 2

You have to look at the facts here.

In March 2015, Keyshawn Johnson took several of his 7on7 kids on a trip across the country visiting schools.

KJJ, Darnay Holmes, and others visited Texas, Texas A&M, OU, and Nebraska.

A month later KJJ returned with Holmes and some others for the spring game.

He came back in June for the Friday Night Lights camp.

He came for the Wisconsin game.

He visited again at the end of January for a basketball game and brought his mom and step dad and sister.

He has been on campus 5x at this point and will be back in March... That's 6 visits before a decision.

If he is "ready to go now" with his decision as he has stated, then why come to a school you're not going to pick around the time you want to publically announce?

Now he's visited Clemson at least 4 times.

He's visited Ohio State numerous times.

He's visited Bama more than once.

He has visited USC numerous times as well.

Nebraska does seem to be the most public, but we forget he has been to Clemson 4x + and to USC multiple times and both his parents went there.

What I love here is Darnay, Gebbia, and Johnson will all be decided before the season starts. KJJ has stated he is going to recruit around him and POB was on periscope saying KJJ was coming to NU. All signs point to Nebraska at this point.

• Fire 3

Now he's visited Clemson at least 4 times.

He's visited Ohio State numerous times.

He's visited Bama more than once.

He has visited USC numerous times as well.

Nebraska does seem to be the most public, but we forget he has been to Clemson 4x + and to USC multiple times and both his parents went there.

All signs point to Nebraska at this point.

I do believe he's a Nebraska lean. I'm just not sure you really laid out the argument that "ALL signs point to Nebraska."

I hope after shopping practically the top twenty five schools so many times, he is well traveled certainly. I guess he likes the attention. I think he should really focus on picking a college to get his education as well as play some good football. An NFL career is quite possible but in the long term he needs to be a great student. Nebraska offers the best of everything in terms of education, the quality and quantity of educational and athletic support, and with the quality of character and coaching to be successful in every way. His best choice is Lincoln, but ultimately, he must make the decision. Hopefully, his parents and other adults of influence in his life will counsel him as well. He would not regret Nebraska certainly.

I hope after shopping practically the top twenty five schools so many times, he is well traveled certainly. I guess he likes the attention. I think he should really focus on picking a college to get his education as well as play some good football. An NFL career is quite possible but in the long term he needs to be a great student. Nebraska offers the best of everything in terms of education, the quality and quantity of educational and athletic support, and with the quality of character and coaching to be successful in every way. His best choice is Lincoln, but ultimately, he must make the decision. Hopefully, his parents and other adults of influence in his life will counsel him as well. He would not regret Nebraska certainly.

Not sure he's "shopped practically all the top 25 schools" as you make it out to be. It's not like he's down in Oxford or Baton Rouge taking hundred dollar handshakes, although I'm not sure if LSU can afford those anymore. Your post has the tone that you're calling the kid out for making multiple visits to numerous schools, which he has for 3-4 schools. Sure, he's visited Nebraska a couple times but really he hasn't been shopping around. Not only that, but he's committing in March and from everything I've read, it sounds like recruiting is shut down at that point. So I think he is focusing on making a decision, as your so elegantly asked him to do. Regarding the education comment, sure UNL has good academics but so do other schools in his top-5. Reading some people's comments on here, directing him to make a decision before he even finishes his junior year or getting upset because he tweeted out a picture of California is a bit ridiculous. We're approaching borderline stalker status througout this kids recruiting. Let the kid live his life and make his own choices, I'm sure he has plenty of advice from his father and those who are closer to the situation and are looking out for his best interest.