Guessing he got sick of the no premarital relations thing.

That honor code would be tough to stick through for 4 years. Well, at least I think. I wouldn't have had any issues with that when I was in college. Chicks acted like I had the plague when I came near them.

You WERE the chicks honor code! haha

• Fire 3

I think the line on this one is going to move some.....

I'd like the line to stay low until after I get back from Vegas in 2 weeks...

Need a bookie???

Nah. I can do it online if I really wanted to, but I'm afraid that it might turn into a slippery slope if I have money on the line every weekend.

A couple trips to Vegas a year helps to keep the gambling itch at bay.

Best part of an August Vegas trip to me is betting the win totals.

This news is sad, only because I hate seeing BYU athletes lost to the honor code. However, Jamaal suffered a devastating season ending knee injury last year and still hasn't quite recovered. By his own admission, he was only 80% a few weeks ago. He played very little last year and the offense still put up points. Honestly, with the injury he didn't factor much into the offense this year aside from depth. That's why lines haven't and likely won't change much. Hopefully his knee gets right and he is readmitted and rejoins the team next year. We'll need him then with a new, young QB and another brutal schedule.

Gosh, this whole conversation is just so interesting.

Like. All I can really think of is how in the hell is the guy that coached the 2009 and 2010 defenses be the same guy that let Melvin Gordon break the FBS rushing record in three quarters?

That's the most insane thing to wrap your head around, and that's Pelini and his results here in a nutshell; unable to really qualitatively assess them because they're so paradoxical, unique and a bit unprecedented.

He thought JP could implement his defense. That was his mistake.

It's almost like we had a bunch more defensive talent in 09 and 10 and maybe the dichotomy had very little to do with Bo or coaching and maybe had something to do with a man named Suh. It's really more logical that maybe Bo is not the defensive genius some profess him to be. If that were even close to the truth, how in the hell did he manage to set so many defensive futility marks here? I'd listen to other explanations......

Tons of teams, even yearly, have had the same levels of talent across the board on their defenses and not gotten anywhere close to the level of dominance of that unit. You can accredit all of that to Suh if you'd like, but I don't know how you can get past remembering that a ton of our quarterbacks and hurries were coverage sacks due to blanket coverage, which still continued after Suh was no longer on the roster. The 2010 defense was still pretty damn dominant and borderline elite, and even after that, we always led the nation in passing efficiency defense despite poor defensive line play (and no, it wasn't because teams had so much success running the ball that they didn't HAVE to pass on us).

Things like holding 2011 Michigan State to 3 points, 2012 Wisconsin (the first time) to 56 yards rushing, and others still happened after the fact.

How in the hell did he manage to set so many defensive futility marks here? I don't know. That's what's fascinating. I have no idea how to reconcile the two realities, because chalking up the entirety of the really good reality to a roster with NFL players seems way too ridiculously simple to cover it. That 2009 defense was not the most talented defense in the entirety of college football in the last 15 years by a long shot, Suh or no Suh, but it was right around the most dominant. That doesn't just happen with a mediocre neanderthal of a defensive coach.

Sorry but when people try to still claim that he was some kind of defensive genius/guru, all I can do is laugh and question the intelligence of the person making such a claim.

You can laugh and question people's intelligence all you want, but you're finding comfort in a very broad and simplistic answer to a question/situation that likely has a ton of nuance, so I'd think you have your own head in the sand more than you think.

X2. The defense then was the best I have ever seen. They were beyond dominating. They were legendary.

That honor code would be tough to stick through for 4 years. Well, at least I think. I wouldn't have had any issues with that when I was in college. Chicks acted like I had the plague when I came near them.
They still act that way towards me.
Because you touch yourself at night!
  • Fire 1

Wait..... We shouldn't do that? 😮

Wait..... We shouldn't do that?
Everytime you do god kills a puppy.

JimmerJammer, what do you make of this series of tweets? Sounds like less of a punishment for Jamaal and more of a situation where his mind wasn't in the right place.

https://twitter.com/espn960sports

Not sure. Criddle would know though. He's a former DB for BYU who hosts that show and he's very close to the program so no doubt he has sources so I'd accept those tweets on their face.

Like I said earlier, Jamaal was not close to 100%. He would have played, but his impact would have been minimal.

Best of luck to him. I hope he comes back. I probably shouldn't have assumed it was an HC violation (though it appears there was some sort of misconduct). I only did because withdrawing from school is typical procedure when serious violations occur.

JimmerJammer, what do you make of this series of tweets? Sounds like less of a punishment for Jamaal and more of a situation where his mind wasn't in the right place.

Not sure. Criddle would know though. He's a former DB for BYU who hosts that show and he's very close to the program so no doubt he has sources so I'd accept those tweets on their face.

Like I said earlier, Jamaal was not close to 100%. He would have played, but his impact would have been minimal.

Best of luck to him. I hope he comes back. I probably shouldn't have assumed it was an HC violation (though it appears there was some sort of misconduct). I only did because withdrawing from school is typical procedure when serious violations occur.

Any scoop on Algie Brown? I've read from a couple Cougar boards that he's like Jamaal, but a bit slower. People seem pretty confident in Brown, though.

Any scoop on Algie Brown? I've read from a couple Cougar boards that he's like Jamaal, but a bit slower. People seem pretty confident in Brown, though.

Brown was a pretty good recruit out of Skyline HS. They're an option team and he played fullback. He's not very shifty, but he has decent speed and is a load to bring down. He's the kind of guy who is always falling forward and picking up yards after contact. But he doesn't have that burst and will get run down if he gets past the second level. He is a good between the tackles runner who just gets downfield. Last season in a backup role he averaged 4.8 YPC.

He'll get the bulk of carries. Adam Hine, BYU's great kick returner, will back him up. And BYU has a practice squad legend named Nate Carter who I suspect will get Jamaal's scholarship. He's a small, white kid with some wheels - think Danny Woodhead. Behind him BYU has a few other kids coming in, true freshman Riley Burt and also return missionary Francis Bernard and also Toloai Ho-Ching a one time inside linebacker who held an offer from Wisconsin and several other P5 schools who converted to RB in the spring.

CL0ZcIcWoAQNWDP.png

A healthy Jamaal would make this running back group special. As it stands it is adequate. Could use some more depth with the pace that BYU plays though. But make no mistake, the best running back on the team is Taysom, even when Jamaal was 100%.

• Fire 3