Spring Quarterback Competition

sounds like TA is not comfortable in the pocket.....i was afraid of that, he likes the open field run and gun stuff......not gonna lie, he may just not fit in Riley's disciplined system under center.

TA can't read ether. I am hoping the new staff helps him with this.

me too, would like to see Tommy go to a QB camp this summer.....he has skills, just thin between the ears and his talent is still raw.....needs coached up badly!

Hopefully they will retain a healthy amount of zone read w Armstrong or whichever dual qb they put in there. Fyfe is probably the only 'pro' style qb, the rest are 'dual'.

In the clips We saw of team scrimmage it looks like we will utilize zone reads and play action bootlegs off the fake zone read. Basically what you see from the likes of oregon and auburn. Sort of a read run/pass. Just my opinion from the few clips I have found

• Fire 2

Hopefully they will retain a healthy amount of zone read w Armstrong or whichever dual qb they put in there. Fyfe is probably the only 'pro' style qb, the rest are 'dual'.

In the clips We saw of team scrimmage it looks like we will utilize zone reads and play action bootlegs off the fake zone read. Basically what you see from the likes of oregon and auburn. Sort of a read run/pass. Just my opinion from the few clips I have found

That's what I was thinking. Doesnt necessarily have to be zone reads to utiliize a qb's mobility. Establish a good solid running game using outside zones and stretch plays from under center that take a little to develop and then you play fake of that and get these guys on the run out of the pocket. Give him a simple two man over/under route combo to read or he can just keep it and at worse get the 5. It's simpe basic football that you see a lot of the good teams.

bottome line is this, and I'm willin to bet the farm on it. These guys arent gonna try to turn Tommy or Johnny or Bush or whoever in to a pocket qb anymore than Beck was with Tommy or Taylor. Their legs were'tn utilized in the passing game by design nearly enough. Get em one the edge and give em run/pass options. Make the defense respect your ability to get the 5-10 automatice yards on the ground. Then you force them to have to play more zone and be peeking back at the qb.

• Fire 1