Gregory tests positive for pot at combine

Amac3309

I don't hold marijuana in the negative light that many people do, I got no issues with it. That said, it is illegal and it is a banned substance in the NFL. Couldn't the kid lay off for a little bit until after payday? Obviously the answer is no.

Marijuana is not an addictive drug, it's a drug of choice. Gregory obviously isn't mature enough to make smart choices yet. It will be interesting to see how much this costs him.

I don't hold marijuana in the negative light that many people do, I got no issues with it. That said, it is illegal and it is a banned substance in the NFL. Couldn't the kid lay off for a little bit until after payday? Obviously the answer is no.

Marijuana is not an addictive drug, it's a drug of choice. Gregory obviously isn't mature enough to make smart choices yet. It will be interesting to see how much this costs him.

It's legal in some places and the legalization movement is picking up steam. We now have 4 States with legal recreational and almost half with medicinal weed legal. It will be legal nationwide soon enough and then people won't be able to be denied jobs because of weed.

• Fire 3

It's weed, agree it will be legal everywhere in a matter of time and who the heck cares. It has incredible medical uses, including fixing sh!tty attitudes and proof is starting to come out that it is a far better choice (if one MUST make one) between alcohol and itself. I don't buy for one second that he used it for 'coping' and that his first time was after HS.

HOWEVER, as True2RA says, it's the choice. It's not a secret in any imagined world that testing positive for weed will cost you money and maybe your job in many companies...not the least of which is the NFL. Most executives in the NFL aren't going to say: Well, this kid is a druggie..we don't want him. No, they will say: If he can't sacrifice 30 days of not smoking some chronic, then what else won't he sacrifice for the good of our team? And...that will be that.

He'll still get drafted high and make millions, there are case studies aplenty in the NFL that prove that, however, based on history this probably won't be his last poor choice.

• Fire 1

I dont believe you can say its not addictive. There are many studies who say it can be, but others that say no. One of the best studies ive seen says about 10% of people who smoke will become addicted. I believe there are some who do become addicted.

Why do some people have such a hard time not smoking it? Why does Randy say its "been a problem" for him? Almost anything in life can be addictive. Hell, some people are addicted to collecting garbage. Fact is, it is addictive for some. It makes them feel a certain way, they like it, and they can get obsessed with trying to get that feeling.

Man this was the subject of some serious angst with some on this board back when I said I had a buddy who frequented parties that RG was at. And my buddy said he has a puff puff? no thanks I'll pass problem. I believe it was around the time he started missing time. My guess was that the two things were related and some poster went off on me. Now according to the timeline laid out by RG the two may not be related but man I wish I could find that thread.

It's legal in some places and the legalization movement is picking up steam. We now have 4 States with legal recreational and almost half with medicinal weed legal. It will be legal nationwide soon enough and then people won't be able to be denied jobs because of weed.

Your last statement is false. Even if it becomes legal in all states, a person could still get denied employment from it. It would be no different then failing a piss test for alcohol during pre-employment screening.

Man this was the subject of some serious angst with some on this board back when I said I had a buddy who frequented parties that RG was at. And my buddy said he has a puff puff? no thanks I'll pass problem. I believe it was around the time he started missing time. My guess was that the two things were related and some poster went off on me. Now according to the timeline laid out by RG the two may not be related but man I wish I could find that thread.

I remember the thread because I think I got involved in it and agreed with you because I had some inside info. that that was the real reason he was missing playing time and the injury(ies) were cover up. I took a bunch of heat too was told if I couldn't state my sources it didn't happen.