Santos leaving team; Alexander and Tolbert are transferring

Shocked about Santos, I wonder if that injury he had coupled with overall health and him not seeing himself making the NFL has caused him to step away and get younger guys on the field experience ( If so, an absolute tip of the cap to him for this)

Leroy Alexander needs to figure it out and take care of himself before moving on with football, he has potential but you have to wonder where his mind is at right now.

Tolbert. We have depth at WR, and to make sure I have them all straight, Irons is the guy who has a lot of speed and was getting a lot of DPE comparisons right? Tolbert caught the nice over the shoulder TD in the spring game?

I totally agree, if he is stepping back to allow another person to step up coudos to him.

Just rumors out there so far, but there is speculation of Santos having academic issues. It's odd, because he is entering his 5th year in the program, and I figured he would be close to graduating.

So, correct me if I'm wrong.

As of right now, if we go into fall camp with no more departures and Berry gets here later this summer, we will have 85 scholarship players on the roster.

Correct?

This is correct, however Damon Benning is speculating there could be 3 more departures. And there's been whispers of a LB and OT coming in from JUCO and playing this Fall. Sounds like there is still some things in flux in terms of the final Fall roster.

I wonder if the coaches knew these 3 would be leaving, and for how long? They did sign up to 88 but always treated it as 85.

The Santos one seems like they would have known for a while. A 5th year senior-to-be doesn't just up and say he's leaving all of a sudden. That's a really tough loss for us IMO. Tolbert was probably when he got caught with weed for the second time, saw this one coming. Alexander, no idea. If he's been practicing since Riley got here then they probably didn't know he was leaving until something occurred pretty recently.