Kevin Williams - "I'm not a backup!!!!"

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kevin stated he felt slighted by the last staff on playing time, now hes fired up and telling the media hes not a back up and wont speak to them until they state otherwise. I love this! if he can pass up an already proven VV on the line the blackshirts got better!. get it done Kevin!

Edited by Thanks_Tom RR
Polls and Exclamations!!!!

I don't think that Williams is saying he deserves to be a starter. He felt that he played enough and started a few games, that he was a part of the "starting defense", and didn't like being called "just a backup" by the media. He knows that his PT will be earned. He has a chip on his shoulder, and that's motivating him. It's not a bad thing. People use different things to motivate them.

I don't think he's overly concerned about it, he just came out on day 1 of practice and let the media know that he was upset. I hate it when people expect these players to be robots and not show any emotion or speak their mind.

I don't think that Williams is saying he deserves to be a starter. He felt that he played enough and started a few games, that he was a part of the "starting defense", and didn't like being called "just a backup" by the media. He knows that his PT will be earned. He has a chip on his shoulder, and that's motivating him. It's not a bad thing. People use different things to motivate them.

I don't think he's overly concerned about it, he just came out on day 1 of practice and let the media know that he was upset. I hate it when people expect these players to be robots and not show any emotion or speak their mind.

Totally agree! Players, just like us...

Look at message boards

Read tweets

Read articles

I like his attitude, I just don't understand it when he is clearly a backup and has been before. Maybe he is still used to Bo's method of handing out 15+ blackshirts.

I thought he was saying that he would have been the starter, except for injuries. Which is probably true. If he can stay healthy he might just be our starter again.

In any case I LIKE his attitude. He's not settling for second fiddle. He's doing his damnedest to be the best ball player he can be. :lol: