94 degrees

RADAR

I hope it is well under 90. I hate when even the bars are warm because the doors are always opening and closing with people coming and going.

The Wyoming game two years ago was so hot we stopped setting up our tailgate and hit the bars. I remember sitting at Brothers and I bet it was 80 degrees inside that bar, it just could not cool down.

I remember how chilly it was for the La Tech game.

You must be talking about the 07???? game.

98 La Tech (aka Frank's 1st game aka the Troy Edwards game) was the warmest game I was ever at. I remember the shade reaching us just as the game ended. They were carting out the blue hairs in their long sleeves and polyester pants like crazy.

If you remember blue-hairs being carted out in '98, that makes you a current blue-hair.

I don't recall any really hot games that I have attended. I do remember a brutal cold Iowa state game, sitting in the south stadium with a screaming north wind. And of course the only empty seats in the entire stadium were the two in front of me, so no wind block. My legs were numb and I could barely walk out after the game.

I went to a Colorado state game in early 90's that was really hot. My Mom gave up her ticket in the early morning because she knew she wouldn't make it. I'll try to find the date....

Nevermind..the games I found were only in mid 80s. My Mom is kind of a weeny :)

But I was at the Cowboys vs. Eagles in 2000. At the time it was the hottest game in NFL history, Jerry Jones gave out free water!!!! You could watch the crowd rotate around the stadium with the shadow of the "hole in the roof", it was more entertaining that watching the Eagles beat the crap out of my Cowboys...

I went to a Colorado state game in early 90's that was really hot. My Mom gave up her ticket in the early morning because she knew she wouldn't make it. I'll try to find the date....

But I was at the Cowboys vs. Eagles in 2000. At the time it was the hottest game in NFL history, Jerry Jones gave out free water!!!! You could watch the crowd rotate around the stadium with the shadow of the "hole in the roof", it was more entertaining that watching the Eagles beat the crap out of my Cowboys...

I'm pretty sure NU laid the smack down on CSU in '93 or '94 in an early season game. You were probably there!!!

I'm pretty sure NU laid the smack down on CSU in '93 or '94 in an early season game. You were probably there!!!

Sorry, I meant temp was in the 80's.

courtesy of HuskerWeatherman, member of HuskerMax

Saturday, September 5 at 2:30PM CDT in Lincoln.

wave.gif

Preliminary forecast, which I'll refine and detail as the week progresses.

Hot week ahead. Multiple days of 90+ in Lincoln. Yay for summer!

There is a strong cold front expected to be lurking late in the week, but at that point, it appears Sunday is when it will move through. That means, likely still hot on Saturday for the mid-afternoon kickoff. At least 89 to 91 for a high -- but wouldn't surprise me if it made it to the 93-95 range. Again, assuming the front holds off until Sunday (I'll need to keep an eye on that -- some computer models are faster with it, which would mean several degrees cooler).

Also, we'll have to concern ourselves with a thunderstorm threat. Again, better bet is on Sunday. But it's all about the timing of the cold front.

At this point, I'm going low 90s and only a very slight chance of a thunderstorm. Partly cloudy skies. Could see a moderately strong South wind as well on Saturday.

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?76342-Nebraska-versus-BYU-Gameday-Weather-Forecast