Alex Lewis social media post

Red Five

Why are people blaming him for the game again? Oh yea he threw 2 int's to wide open Canes. He took a 15 yard sack trying to do IDK what he tried to do. All his hit did was move the Canes a little closer to a field goal they were going to make anyway.

And blaming TA for losing the game is equally as dumb. Without him we aren't even in OT with Miami, he WAS the reason we were there. How may drops did our receivers have again? How many penalties did our O-line have again? How many penalties did our offense itself have again? How many times did our defensive secondary allow Kaaya to pick us apart again? The TEAM lost, not just one individual, but this thread is about one individual and his poor choices.

I am not blaming TA for the lose, I am just saying I don't blame Lewis for it either. I blame Riley and his D coordinator for the fact they stared Davie to play against receiver way better then S. Bama had to offer.

T.A. played about as good as a Qb can play for the most part. Couple bad throws hurt but it is what it is. We will get better and be in the B1G championship game.

Lol, I like your optimism, but I don't know if I share it. :lol:

That's either a joke or just trolling for a reaction

Nope. Twitter will soon choke out mankind's ability to communicate and interact with each other. Neither person involved would be that stupid in person or in front of everybody who read their messages.

Twitter is for twits. It sucks in people who crave some sort of validation in their lives from either following people or having people follow them. Evidently, Alex Lewis thought he would find something meaningful or inspirational on his phone after a lackluster performance and three penalties...why, I don't know. The banker guy thought he could guide the Huskers back to greatness with his Tweets...why would he think that? I don't know that one either. So, except for the people selling the phones and the data plans, who comes out ahead with all of this nonsensical jabbering?

• Fire 2

Four simple rules to follow:

If you are a fan, don't be a tool and tweet at recruits

If you are a player, try to stay off of social media during the season

If you cant do that, try not to look at your mentions during the season

If you cant do that, then before you tweet think "is this something that my mom would think is a good idea"

Things like this make me glad that Ferentz bans twitter during football season. You can't do anything about stupid fans and you can't expect the kids to not defend themselves so just remove the enabler before it becomes an issue.

60 minutes..... 60 minutes NU had to win that game. Lewis didn't cost us the game or even contribute solely to the loss. We had 12 penalties IIRC. Several for illegal formations. Multiple dropped passes (8 IIRC). A completely ineffective running game, 1 sack on a statuesque QB, poor secondary play, no DL rush, left the middle of the field open, 3 INT's etc..... And grown a$$ men want to blame one kid.

I do not agree with him getting the penalty. You man up whistle to whistle. Not before and not after. Prove you're a tough guy in the field (this goes for all the guys). NU needs to develop and harness this attitude. The Miami DB's, save for the 2 ejections, were routinely head hunting our receivers within the confines of the rules. We Haven't had that since Assante in recent years. NU needs to develop this mean a$$ attitude. Not the penalties, but simply being mean. Playing aggressive and angry.

It's true. The outcome of that game hinged on 57 different plays by both teams.

If Tommy Armstrong completes that pass, the biggest idiot of the game award goes hands down to 46 year old head coach and supposed adult Al Golden.

They would have been playing Golden's own 15 yard drive-sustaining over-reacting penalty forever.

• Fire 2

Why are people blaming him for the game again? Oh yea he threw 2 int's to wide open Canes. He took a 15 yard sack trying to do IDK what he tried to do. All his hit did was move the Canes a little closer to a field goal they were going to make anyway.

Blame doesn't occur in isolation. Tommy threw a pick, yes. But even at the 25 yard line the game isn't entirely over, and it's certainly less over than starting on the 12 yard line.

• Fire 1

Ok, I have re watched his penalty again. Admittedly the view I found isn't that great but, did he even really hit the guy? I had to watch it a couple times to figure out how he even touched the guy then all of a sudden the guy is flopping on the ground.

Now, I'm not saying it shouldn't have been a flag because I dont have a good enough view. But, some people are acting like he went up and just leveled the guy with a huge hit.

The view I had almost looked like incidental contact and the guy flopped on the ground.

It was definitely late. It doesn't take a great deal of contact for this to be called. It was totally avoidable and definitely a mistake.

In 2006 there was a late hit on 3rd & long on Zac Taylor that gave us new life and came just before the winning touchdown -- also a very light hit, but late nonetheless. All it took!

It was definitely late. It doesn't take a great deal of contact for this to be called. It was totally avoidable and definitely a mistake.

In 2006 there was a late hit on 3rd & long on Zac Taylor that gave us new life and came just before the winning touchdown -- also a very light hit, but late nonetheless. All it took!

I understand that it was definitely late, he came in contact with the opposing player and the flag was thrown when the player went to the turf. I'm not saying it should or shouldn't have been flagged.

My point is, some fans (including the jack wads that tweeted him after the game) are acting like he went all crazy on the guy and purposely threw the guy to the turf in an act of rage. I'm just not seeing it.

This is similar to a hit on one of our receivers across the middle this year. I can't remember what game it was. The player was flagged for a hit on a defenseless player. The flag was a correct flag. But, rewatching the play, I'm not sure the defensive player could have avoided the hit the way the play developed.

It's just a fact of life in football now to keep players healthy and safe. It's the right way to go but some players are going to flagged when actually just being in the act of playing the game.

Here's a good shot of the play.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1A14BAD6451257167755057467392_430f256cac2.0.2.3452213870234405246.mp4?versionId=JOpa_nghKN3TLbwVCOU7C2KXW1fyTtJA

My biggest issue with the whole thing is that this team has a big problem with penalties. We have a problem with penalties and have a team captain that gets frustrated and cheap shots an opposing player that's clearly out of bounds.

Here's a good shot of the play.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1A14BAD6451257167755057467392_430f256cac2.0.2.3452213870234405246.mp4?versionId=JOpa_nghKN3TLbwVCOU7C2KXW1fyTtJA

My biggest issue with the whole thing is that this team has a big problem with penalties. We have a problem with penalties and have a team captain that gets frustrated and cheap shots an opposing player that's clearly out of bounds.

If that's a cheap shot then it's a pretty weak cheap shot.

I don't seem to have any of the problems with posting things on Twitter, Facebook, Snap shot, or Instagram like college football players do or like 35 year old drunk asses do. Oh, I know why, I don't use any of those things nor do I pay attention to those things.

I really don't understand the fascination with telling everyone in the world what I had for dinner or when I had a bowel movement. Nor do I understand the people that care what I had for dinner or when I had a bowel movement. :ahhhhhhhh

• Fire 1

I don't seem to have any of the problems with posting things on Twitter, Facebook, Snap shot, or Instagram like college football players do or like 35 year old drunk asses do. Oh, I know why, I don't use any of those things nor do I pay attention to those things.

I really don't understand the fascination with telling everyone in the world what I had for dinner or when I had a bowel movement. Nor do I understand the people that care what I had for dinner or when I had a bowel movement. :ahhhhhhhh

If that's what you would use twitter or facebook for, you're better off not using it at all. I guess facebook is kinda like that, depending on who you pay attention to.

Twitter is the fastest way to get information on the planet. Follow local and national journalists, and when something happens, you know about it right away. I suppose there are people who post about their bowel movements, but if you follow those kind of people that's your fault.

• Fire 2

If that's what you would use twitter or facebook for, you're better off not using it at all. I guess facebook is kinda like that, depending on who you pay attention to.

Twitter is the fastest way to get information on the planet. Follow local and national journalists, and when something happens, you know about it right away. I suppose there are people who post about their bowel movements, but if you follow those kind of people that's your fault.

I use twitter as my own personalized news feed.