who would we hire?

Swiv3D

CQerujFWwAAyIdf.pngCQerul-WEAAsc4U.png

Wish the admin. went after Narduzzi back in 2014. Those stats are his first year at pitt. And they are missing their all-american RB. I know this isn't a popular opininon, but wouldn't mind if Beck was kept as well judging from the first few games. Hope langsdorf proves me wrong

The trouble with Nebraska is they want a championship coach on a budget. It very rarely works out that way anymore. You HAVE to pay up to get the coach you need/want it seems and that isn't always guaranteed either. Or you just have to hope you get lucky and get the right coach on the cheap. It's frustrating as hell to watch the university fail at this time and time again.

• Fire 1

What Nebraska needs (and what it most certainly did not get in Riley), is the next Urban Meyer. People forget that when Florida hired him, he was just a fairly new HC at Utah. But he was up and coming. They took a bit of a gamble that he could continue to succeed when he moved to the big time at Florida but it paid off. We need to find the next Urban Meyer for Nebraska. Someone like Bryan Harsin (Boise State's HC). Someone who is relatively young and has a track record of success (and by that I mean a strong winning percentage) in the lower ranks of college football. Not someone who is barely above .500 after coaching for years.

The best predictor of future performance is past performance. It's not always right, but it is far more right than anything else. In a perfect world, Nebraska would hire a Sabin or a Meyer or a Les Miles, but that isn't going to happen. Sabin not leaving Alabama, Meyer isn't leaving tOSU, etc. Yeah, maybe we could pick up Richt but I seriously doubt it. Even if he would come, the $$$ is probably not going to be there. Richt is getting $4M a year now. Heck, Sabin is getting almost $8M/year!

So Nebraska has to find someone up and coming and give them a shot... not cling to the hope that a big name will come free and want to go coach in the cold plains of the Midwest for the same money he is getting in Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge, where he's driving distance to his house at the beach and his golf course where he can play 365 days a year.

I just don't understand why everyone in the state of Nebraska isn't after Mark Richt. High-character guy, ace recruiter, great coach, multiple-time conference championship winner, and he's from Nebraska and still has family there. Georgia fans are looking for a change, and maybe he is too... perhaps he realizes that a path to the national championship would be easier in the B1G. He's my #1 and it's not close.

He doesn't have a middle name...but in all seriousness he would be a great hire for Nebraska. A con though is that the Florida-Georgia game is the biggest one on their schedule year in and year out and he seems to come up short. However for coaching in the SEC he seems to run a clean program, doesn't believe in oversigning like other coaches there, and has shown he will commit to the run game. I personally would be happier with a guy like Tom Herman, but if I heard that Richt became our coach that would be a pretty good deal as well

It's pretty simple, if Riley can't get us to a bowl game then you don't worry about him. You worry about the dingleberry who hired him (Eichorst). He preached about winning conference championships when he fired Bo, If we can't make it to a bowl game Eichorst has to be fired and Riley gets 1 more year to figure it out. If Riley has a repeat performance then I would suggest going after Doc Holliday at Marshall or Scott Frost.

I just don't understand why everyone in the state of Nebraska isn't after Mark Richt. High-character guy, ace recruiter, great coach, multiple-time conference championship winner, and he's from Nebraska and still has family there. Georgia fans are looking for a change, and maybe he is too... perhaps he realizes that a path to the national championship would be easier in the B1G. He's my #1 and it's not close.

Yup. Arguments for Richt haven't changed since the last two years of the Bo Pelini era and they are certainly the same now.

That's a good thing, folks, if you aren't paying attention at home.

It's pretty simple, if Riley can't get us to a bowl game then you don't worry about him. You worry about the dingleberry who hired him (Eichorst). He preached about winning conference championships when he fired Bo, If we can't make it to a bowl game Eichorst has to be fired and Riley gets 1 more year to figure it out. If Riley has a repeat performance then I would suggest going after Doc Holliday at Marshall or Scott Frost.

Eichorst isn't going anywhere until Harvey the Wonder Chancellor is gone. Once he's out the door, and if Riley is still stinking things up this season...then yeah, start the countdown.

Yup. Arguments for Richt haven't changed since the last two years of the Bo Pelini era and they are certainly the same now.

That's a good thing, folks, if you aren't paying attention at home.

Eichorst isn't going anywhere until Harvey the Wonder Chancellor is gone. Once he's out the door, and if Riley is still stinking things up this season...then yeah, start the countdown.

i am beginning to think the ADs don't give a sh#t about football, just want to be politically correct.

• Fire 1

I don't get all of the love for Richt. He has shown time and time again the ability to do less with more. In his past 14 recruiting classes, only four of them have been out of the top 10 per rivals with the lowest of those four coming in at 15. He's had some decent seasons with those great recruits, but he's had a lot of bust seasons with elite talent as well. 06-four losses 09-five losses 10-seven losses 11-four losses 13-five losses. He's shown the ability to lose a lot of games with elite talent. I'm not sure we can expect over 70% of his recruiting classes here at Nebraska to fall in the top 10. Just imagine how many games he could lose with recruiting classes in the 20-30 range.

What Nebraska needs (and what it most certainly did not get in Riley), is the next Urban Meyer. People forget that when Florida hired him, he was just a fairly new HC at Utah. But he was up and coming. They took a bit of a gamble that he could continue to succeed when he moved to the big time at Florida but it paid off. We need to find the next Urban Meyer for Nebraska. Someone like Bryan Harsin (Boise State's HC). Someone who is relatively young and has a track record of success (and by that I mean a strong winning percentage) in the lower ranks of college football. Not someone who is barely above .500 after coaching for years.

The best predictor of future performance is past performance. It's not always right, but it is far more right than anything else. In a perfect world, Nebraska would hire a Sabin or a Meyer or a Les Miles, but that isn't going to happen. Sabin not leaving Alabama, Meyer isn't leaving tOSU, etc. Yeah, maybe we could pick up Richt but I seriously doubt it. Even if he would come, the $$$ is probably not going to be there. Richt is getting $4M a year now. Heck, Sabin is getting almost $8M/year!

So Nebraska has to find someone up and coming and give them a shot... not cling to the hope that a big name will come free and want to go coach in the cold plains of the Midwest for the same money he is getting in Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge, where he's driving distance to his house at the beach and his golf course where he can play 365 days a year.

Every school wants the "next Urban Meyer," and they're all willing to pay just as much as Nebraska. This isn't exactly a secret. Tennessee, Miami, Texas, USC, Washington, Arkansas, Florida and many others are all looking for basically the same thing as Nebraska: "the next Urban Meyer." But most big-name schools offer other things Nebraska doesn't, such as better local recruiting and a more desirable area (city, geography, climate, etc.,.).

CQerujFWwAAyIdf.pngCQerul-WEAAsc4U.png

Wish the admin. went after Narduzzi back in 2014. Those stats are his first year at pitt. And they are missing their all-american RB. I know this isn't a popular opininon, but wouldn't mind if Beck was kept as well judging from the first few games. Hope langsdorf proves me wrong

I'm not sure Narduzzi would have taken a B1G job, yet. Typically you don't see assistants doing that. But I don't know anything.