Previous Staff Members in Contact with Current Players

Josh on USC just said a connection to the program, someone he trusts and he knows said a former coach is reaching out to players to stir the pot against Riley's staff.

Any activities like this would be grounds for legal action. For example, I can assure you that if Bo tried to undermine the team or 'stir the pot' against Riley, that would be grounds to terminate any further payments to him on his contract as well as a suit for damages etc. You can darn well bet Bo has ZERO goodwill remaining with any of the Administration and or Perlman etc. They would not hesitate to save the budget a few million and embarrass the hell out of Bo if they can. Assistant Coachs who may still be collecting money would also be in similar jeopardy. Alienation, interference with contract, slander, libel, etc. There would be numerous legal actions against anyone that is 'bad mouthing', etc. Trash talking if it is provable is actionable legally. I would think Riley and Company would have legal grounds as well.

No, those cases would be laughable (apart from a breach of contract case which would be dependent on the terms of the contract).

So...if they win Saturday does that mean it is not toxic...until they lose again?

Depends on your agenda.

The reasonable answer is that a single win or lose does not drastically change the environment in the locker. It is what it is until someone in charge (coaches and players others respect) takes responsibility and demands better from everyone. The team needs a cut-stopper to stem the bleeding. That said, I would take a win over Wisconsin.

I would imagine if this is true. Riley and staff should just opnely address it, and let it be known if any player does indeed have a problem to speak with them privately. Talk it out if possible, if you cant talk it out and said player becomse a toxin to the locker room you send the player on their way and wish them the best of luck.

These are young adults, not kids. Adults in college who will be in the real world within a matter of years and some within a matter of months.

After an early loss to Pitt, Pelini and the Penguins are tearing up the Mo Valley. I doubt he cares what's going on around here as long as they send the check.

He could very well end up succeeding at YSU, but their 3 wins are against teams that haven't had a winning season in at least 3 years. Sounds familiar.

I'll tell ya this, I caught a flight out of Spokane last month and sat next to King Frazier's parents who were returning from their NDSU game against Montana. King is going to be licking his chops when they play Bo in November.

• Fire 2

After an early loss to Pitt, Pelini and the Penguins are tearing up the Mo Valley. I doubt he cares what's going on around here as long as they send the check.

He could very well end up succeeding at YSU, but their 3 wins are against teams that haven't had a winning season in at least 3 years. Sounds familiar.

I'll tell ya this, I caught a flight out of Spokane last month and sat next to King Frazier's parents who were returning from their NDSU game against Montana. King is going to be licking his chops when they play Bo in November.

I really liked King...was disappointed when he left.