What does a victory over Wisconsin do for you?

EVERY win means a lot. This is college football, for christ sake!

regardless of Wisconsin's perceived strength or weakness, we should want and need to beat them every year. They are a divisional opponent, if nothing more.

They ARE more, though. They have had our number, and need to be put back in their place.

What is their place? Aren't we the new kids on the block in the B1G? I'm not even sure I understand the comment about Wisconsin needing to be put back in their place. They were a good B1G team long before we joined.

A win against Wisconsin this year really doesn't mean much to me other than it's a win. It's just another game. A win against Michigan State on the other hand would mean a lot because of where they are ranked. I highly doubt Wisconsin finishes the season ranked, so the win will mean nothing more than just another win.

Point blank. Hell yes this win would mean a lot.

Beating Wisconsin is and always will be huge. I hate losing to them and they've enjoyed piling it on far too much. It needs to end Saturday.

Besides that, this team needs a win right now more than ever. We will learn a lot about this team in this game and following. This is a chance to rise up or to really let things fall away. It's totally up to them, I won't be suiting up and taking any responsibility for what happens out there.

It gets some water out of the sinking ship. With a loss:

- we will be 2-4

- all four losses will be to teams currently not ranked

- the two wins will be to an FCS foe and a crappy non power 5 D1 programs

- Riley will have completely lost this fan base 6 games into his tenure, and will need something just short of miraculous to survive after year number 2 (take a look at the schedule).

So, Riley really needs this win. Big League.

You do know that South Alabama is an FBS school now, and even went to a bowl game last year, right?

EVERY win means a lot. This is college football, for christ sake!

regardless of Wisconsin's perceived strength or weakness, we should want and need to beat them every year. They are a divisional opponent, if nothing more.

They ARE more, though. They have had our number, and need to be put back in their place.

This ^^^

I've got to wonder how much of a fan a person really is if they can convince themselves a win over Wisconsin, at home in Memorial Stadium, doesn't mean much. That person might need to go to the doctor and see if they can find their fan card which apparently got lost up their a$$ at some point in time. Can't believe some of the stupid f'ing questions popping up around here lately.

This is the most important game Riley has ever coached. Really. We win, and we have a good shot at least at a bowl game, post-season exposure, recruiting. Plus, it's over a team that has absolutely throttled us the last 2 times, so that would turn that trend around.

We lose, and it it's not looking good in any way for Riley and his staff. Whether we're an unlucky team or not, people won't care, and the pitch forks will come out (more than they already are). I don't know if he's here next year if we lose this game and have an historically bad year.

For me, a win this weekend will make me a lot happier than a loss would. For the program I think a win here is huge. If the Huskers lose the heat is going to turn up an extra notch. 3-3 looks a whole lot better than 2-4. Also if Nebraska gets blown out by this Wisconsin team then the governor should call a state of emergency. Seriously Wisconsin has all their play makers missing for this game

• Fire 1

Lately the refs remind me of the three stooges and their twins calling the games for the 2015 season so far for our games! Then, our team play in games get into the fun and gun Pro style type mentality because this staff only know what they brought here, Pro style or WCO and whatever you want to call it. Right now I do not know the formula of what will work here at Nebraska anymore, keep changing philosophy every few years and that pass happy rears it head up again! I am seriously looking above the coaching situation towards the admin, maybe they need to make changes as well higher up. This season I expected what we are at this point, many learning curves for the staff here of what is Husker football. Do they really get it?! The last two HC did not............................................