Northwestern Game: What Did We Learn?

Branno

I didn't learn much but we're not terrible. Only lost by two, should've won by 14, ... credit NW's defense for much of our lousy play and expect to see Tommy pressured a bunch. Not sure why Banker can see our pressure getting to their QB but backing off on big plays? Can't play prevent and let them go down and score with 1 minute left in the half. Can't throw the ball up out of desperation. That's 10 points.

Need to recruit offensive line....#1 need right now.

I learned that Mr. Nice Guy and his inexperienced coaches are robbing the state of Nebrasak blind by cashing fat checks and putting a piss poor product on the field. I do not blame the players, they are not the ones that are getting fat checks to lose games and embarrass our proud tradition. Also, I learned that if we want to restore pride, we need to put Eichorist, the UNL chancellor, Mike Riley, and his horrible coaches in a bus and send them to Kansas, where they belong.

Some of the posts are correctly focused on recruiting. We really need to win recruiting battles. If Riley can't recruit he is in trouble after year 3 IMO. I think Westy, DPE, VV, and Collins are about the only safe starting jobs next year. Get stud recruits in here that can play now! Next year would still be bumpy but year 3 is the key for me...makes or breaks Riley.

Some of the posts are correctly focused on recruiting. We really need to win recruiting battles. If Riley can't recruit he is in trouble after year 3 IMO. I think Westy, DPE, VV, and Collins are about the only safe starting jobs next year. Get stud recruits in here that can play now! Next year would still be bumpy but year 3 is the key for me...makes or breaks Riley.

The problem with counting on recruiting is that we never get the top tier recruits, and now if we are going to try and play a similar offense as a lot of other big name schools we will be in direct competition for the same types of players as those schools. That's a battle that will be tougher to win than trying to be a passing team with a running QB and run blocking WR's!