Mike Reilly won't be fired

This administration has brought in the last three coaching staffs starting with firing FS. These academic clowns know nothing about athletics. I would guess that they get tired of athletics and the popularity the sports enjoy. Is it correct to say Nebraska Football has not been the same sense this hire. Why give this staff time to destroy the program. The manner by which this staff has lost games is mind blowing. Why would any 4-5 star athletes want to come to Nebraska and have this staff coach them down. Middle school coaches don't make the stupid mistakes these coaches are. How can you not listen to TO and other former coaches when you hire a head football coach. I have no trust this staff or administration can right the ship.

• Fire 4

I can honestly say, for ONE year only, that I'd rather have the "good guy" Riley, despite is record, over Bo Mousa-Pelini....His recorded and sideline rants were just completely offensive. Now, if year two is more of this year, then yes....I'm all for a change. 9 wins was not a high enough price to pay for his demeanor and character. Don't really know if any number of wins would offset that for me. For me, that is.

I'm sticking with giving Riley seven years. It's the principle of the matter. If Nebraska sh!t cans two nine win coaches and then cuts a third loose because he couldn't hit nine wins, the whole state looks retarded.

It would be long forgotten if we could buy a damn head coach that will bring us to the top. Right now Riley is making this state look retarded

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Nebraska is a program that for the past 7 straight season produced teams with at least 9 wins.

If Mike Riley & his staff cannot manage to produce at least 6 wins with pretty much the same talent from last season, then there is no choice...

...Nebraska MUST, Nebraska SHOULD for the betterment of the entire program, cut their losses at the end of the season, clean house, and bring in a coach that will bring back POWER FOOTBALL and a commitment to the running game.

Minus an all American running back and defensive end, right? That's like having $105 then saying you pretty much have the same amount after you spend the hundred.

• Fire 1

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Nebraska is a program that for the past 7 straight season produced teams with at least 9 wins.

If Mike Riley & his staff cannot manage to produce at least 6 wins with pretty much the same talent from last season, then there is no choice...

...Nebraska MUST, Nebraska SHOULD for the betterment of the entire program, cut their losses at the end of the season, clean house, and bring in a coach that will bring back POWER FOOTBALL and a commitment to the running game.

Minus an all American running back and defensive end, right? That's like having $105 then saying you pretty much have the same amount after you spend the hundred.

Oh man do we miss Ameer. If we had him around the season would look much different. His motor just never quit. I think he would have willed us to win at least a few of these losses.

I'm sticking with giving Riley seven years. It's the principle of the matter. If Nebraska sh!t cans two nine win coaches and then cuts a third loose because he couldn't hit nine wins, the whole state looks retarded.

Please stop

let me guess your marriage didn't last 7 years so now your bitter

Please stop

let me guess your marriage didn't last 7 years so now your bitter

Your use of the "r" word is uncalled for. I understand you're a troll, but at least expand your vocabulary.

• Fire 2

NUMBERS DON'T LIE

Duke, I think you should consider changing your screen name to 'The CONSCIENCE'.

Your posts are consistently right on the money and have been throughout (at least) this football season.

There is no, and I mean absolutely NO reason to continue this little experiment any longer.

Heads need to roll. The house needs to be cleaned. Things have gotten very, very ugly. This hire was a spectacular botch on so many levels.

We have completely abandoned the concepts which made Husker football HUSKER FOOTBALL. There is nothing special or unique about our football team anymore, other than the passion and continued support of our fanbase filling up that stadium for every home game.

Well, this fanbase has been absolutely taken, deceived, and ripped off. Wake up people. We are witnessing the destruction of Husker football happening before our very eyes.

I remember everyone thinking a monkey could take us to 9 wins. I wanted Bo gone as bad as anyone, I think he was a cancer, I think he had hit his ceiling, had a God complex, and a horribly ugly demeanor and attitude. Yet we traded him in for a career .500 coach in a completely reactionary move, who runs a system completely antithetical to Husker football, which is very similar to a system which has failed here before, who has shown he does not have the ability to adapt, and who seems to have extreme loyalty to his staff, a flaw which Bo was rightly criticized for.

We have an administration and athletic department who are killing, absolutely KILLING Husker football. The longer we allow this to happen, the worse it is going to get. Something needs to be done immediately.

• Fire 3

Seven years? Now that is not even a possible consideration. We lose 50 or 60 games in seven years (7 X 9 = 63) is absolutely insane! Now, if he turned things around it would be great. But, no matter how much we may want to give Riley time (he is very likeable personally), if he loses this recruiting class we are going to have a big problem. Our class last year was only mediocre and if we get a bottom 20 level class (it is possible if we lose out), then there are many many many more losses to come. Once you fall to the bottom, you usually can't get back up without either cheating or a miracle. God used to be a Husker but as we can see with all of these gut wrenching, heart ripping losses, God has foresaken the Huskers.