Maliek Collins

C N Red

I was at game. Not sure if could see it on tv but after Collins got his unsportsmanlike the coaches tried sending in VV for him. He waved him off and wouldnt come out. They then called a TO and in the huddle during the TO it looked like him and another player(Gangwish maybe) were having words. Anyone else see this?

I'd love to hear the story behind this. Banderas was saying something to Collins afterwards and it appeared Collins didn't want to hear it. Then the timeout was called and Collins was being talked to by Riley and another coach on the team (not sure who). Collins did not come back out, not that he needed to. The game was over after that penalty if not already before that.

Unfortunate. Again the leadership on this team is in a position to be questioned. Not a good sign.

I never saw Gangwish speaking with Collins so I'm not sure about that. I wish somebody on this team would up the expectations and accountability a little bit, but I just don't know if we have that guy on the team right now. Hard to say without being in the locker room. .

I take that as him knowing he just cost the team the game, and is frustrated at himself. I guarantee you he knew that he messed up there. Him and Gangwish having words is expected, emotions are running high, Collins is frustrated with himself, Gangwish is frustrated, the whole team is frustrated. He let the Northwestern player get under his skin and reacted. Collins hasn't had any issues in the past, and he's been putting forth a heck of an effort out there on the field. Not concerned about him at all.

Leadership. Non existent. Say what you want to about Peter, Wistrom etc and the glory days, but the half a$$ing by some on this team would not have been tolerated. Plain and simple. If in fact, VV went in for Collins and he waived him off, his a$$ would be done for at least the 1st half. That undermines the staff and everyone sees that.... IF TRUE, complete BS. Now if he and Gangs got into words, good. A little too late to try and make guys accountable after 6 piss poor games, but its a start.

• Fire 3

I was at game. Not sure if could see it on tv but after Collins got his unsportsmanlike the coaches tried sending in VV for him. He waved him off and wouldnt come out. They then called a TO and in the huddle during the TO it looked like him and another player(Gangwish maybe) were having words. Anyone else see this?

Absolutely happened just like this (the first part anyway). Since the numbers sucked I couldn't see who was coming in for him but he waved them back off and stayed in the game. Or tried to - until the timeout.

I didn't see the interaction on the sideline.