***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

So which coach is to blame for Dzuris tackling the facemask? Let's hear it Huskerboard.

Coaches teach fundamentals. Maybe you've heard of this.

But coaches are not the ones who fail to execute on the field. We still have the same undisciplined players that plagued us for years. This is a culture thing that won't be fixed until we get new and better players.

Yeah, teaching and coaching players to execute is something that players are supposed to do themselves, I guess. Maybe the players could start teaching each other how to execute? Somebody's gotta do it.

These coaches suck!!! Perdue is not Ohio State but the way NU is being coached and playing sure makes 3-9 (sounds funny for from 9-3 to 3-9) more realistic. Do any of you truly believe NU is this bad of a team or talent? the cupboard was not bare when Bo was fired, so why do these guys look like Oregon State has played the last 10 years.. or wait we have the nicest coach in America now.. isn't he the one who lead that squad then? seeing a pattern yet?

I realize the staff has been hired 10 months ago, but how much actual time have these guys had to rebuild these players fundamentals? Second question. Are we sure these players are good enough to be fundamentally sound, technically sufficient football players?

1. They've had enough time to not regress this bad. There's countless examples.

2. Yes, and every analyst in the country seemed to think so.

The regression is troubling. I wonder how much this team buys in to the new coaching staff. I know I'm no "analyst" but it appears there are some question marks in both the talent and effort department.

Analsysts are wrong quite often. Just like the rest of us.

Let's see how good of a coach Riley is. Nebraska is behind at half to a horribly bad

team. Even an average coach should be able to pull out a win. Let's see what this

seasoned professional does. When Shawn Eichorst hired Riley he said it was to compete

for Big 10 championships - this is not a rebuilding year.

You are assuming he has not lost the team. They are not playing inspired football. Flat, heartless, and should be ashamed to be representing the Husker tradition!

If we lose today...IF....

I guarantee you the boosters will start getting involved. This would be an absolutely historical loss for the program today.

The boosters would have no choice but to get involved, and because of this Eichorst will have no choice but to safe face and fire this coaching staff at the end of year, and start over.

I realize the staff has been hired 10 months ago, but how much actual time have these guys had to rebuild these players fundamentals? Second question. Are we sure these players are good enough to be fundamentally sound, technically sufficient football players?

The regression is troubling. I wonder how much this team buys in to the new coaching staff. I know I'm no "analyst" but it appears there are some question marks in both the talent and effort department.

So after one year we're suddenly a less talented team than Purdue. Give me a f'ing break dude

• Fire 1

Even the former players said we have talent.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....

It boils down to a lack of coaching and motivation.

But it's not the coaches fault at all.

Yea. These 9 win kids suck.........my a$$. Its coaching folks. Well actually it's lack of coaching....

We would be a bad 9 win team if we still had Ameer and Randy just like we were last year. We don't have anyone that is anywhere close to those two on this team and now the same issues that have always been here are now rearing their ugly head. We just don't have a special player on each side of the ball to make up for a subpar OL and no depth on the front 7.