Stat of the game.

56 called passes. With a back up QB. 22 called runs

Against the worst Rush defense in the conference. If that's not abandoning the run, I don't know what is.

(There was 7 scrambles that were called passes, so I adjusted the numbers)

In before the bullsh#t straw man argument about how you can't run the ball in the 4th quarter in a blowout.

• Fire 1

Against the worst Rush defense in the conference. If that's not abandoning the run, I don't know what is.

A Qb, who hasn't practiced as much with the ones....

Not only did we not run, against the worst D in the conference, Langs abandoned his "go to" back in Newby for Cross. Again, no Jano. IMO, the best back on the team. Dude has no clue. None. Bye Felicia..

A Qb, who hasn't practiced as much with the ones....

Not only did we not run, against the worst D in the conference, Langs abandoned his "go to" back in Newby for Cross. Again, no Jano. IMO, the best back on the team. Dude has no clue. None. Bye Felicia..

you might not have heard but newby was in street clothes for the 2nd half. they didnt say when he went out or that he was out before that. but hey, damn that langs for injuring his starting rb.

Riley will never have a good running game. He didn't at OSU, it won't magically happen here.

In fairness once we got down 42-16 we had to pass every play. I'm more concerned with the lack of effectiveness when we do run it.

Yea, I think Shawn Watson said something about NEEDING to pass every down when your down by multiple scores. Just a little bit before he was fired.

The program is in trouble, has been in trouble for years now. This is what is known to be rock bottom. Now its time to move on and find that coach who can at least get some respect back for the program.

When your behind, you have to score quickly and thats done by passing. The run game isn't there. The biggest run play of the game was a check down by Newby. That was a pass play, audible to run play, something that TA doens't do.

Since we think that running the ball is the answer, and all Big 10 teams are heavy on run defense, why not try to pass some more than most do. We don't have the O-line to man handle teams, we don't have running backs to carry for 25 times per game. The best part of this team is our WR's. They are decent.

Run the ball........every Big 10 defense is keyed to stopping the run. Every Big 10 team is geared to run the ball, but only a handful win more than 7 games a year.

Don't get me wrong, running the ball is important, but when your unable to run and have to pass, you better be able to gain some yards on the pass. Running the ball is great if used right. THis coaching staff is not a run first oriented staff. What they are trying to do is bring in better athletes to the field than Bo did. Passing the ball brings in more speed, and better offensive talent overall. Once you get those players on campus, you can create a better offense.

Don't forget, we lost Ameer last year, he was the running game.