Players to fans, "Stick with us."

Dansker

Through thick and thin, I'll support the players, whether they play bad or play well. They wear the N, I'll support them because of that.

It's actions like what Jack Gangwish did after the Purdue game that is what will keep me going to the Husker games.

Yeah, Gangwish is a Husker through and through. He is one player when healthy, can be a wrecking machine. We've seen glimpses of that. I'm hoping he gets in the backfield a couple times on Connor Cook.

Through thick and thin, I'll support the players, whether they play bad or play well. They wear the N, I'll support them because of that.

It's actions like what Jack Gangwish did after the Purdue game that is what will keep me going to the Husker games.

Yeah, Gangwish is a Husker through and through. He is one player when healthy, can be a wrecking machine. We've seen glimpses of that. I'm hoping he gets in the backfield a couple times on Connor Cook.

You guys must be watching different games than I am. I don't see Gangwish doing much out there.

Who said we were giving up on the players? This team has a ton of talent, they just need to use it right.

Every poster writing about lack of player's effort, player's with a "Bo mentality", lack of talent and no talent walk-ons, and calling for Riley to clean house and get "his guys" in. Yeah those guys.

This was a 9-4 team last year that has a new staff come in and show a lack of faith in them and what they've accomplished, and a lot of folks have turned their blind defense of MR and his failings into an indictment of the players. I can see why they might feel abandoned.

Good points. Ref the staff. IMO, the staff gave up on them before the first snap. Abandoning the run game, basically neutering TA and his legs (returning rush leader), not swapping out OL, having Wilbon killing it to never be seen again. I can see how som guys would say screw it. I also see some guys watching as the play continues. Smiling and joking when Purdue is crushing us. It's a little of both. This staff did nothing to win the trust and or respect of the team IMO.

I'll always support the team, but the majority of this staff need to be a footnote in next seasons program guide.

You guys must be watching different games than I am. I don't see Gangwish doing much out there.

He might not have huge stats but his presence and leadership on the field makes a difference. He's missed 4 games due to injury and maybe still plagued by it. I've seen him put QB's in quite a few hurries this year its just our secondary doesn't compliment our defensive pass rush.

Stickin' together through all kinds or weather. But for pete's sake, when can we get some power running coaches in Lincoln? This pass-happy crap is drivin' me crazy.

Yeah, I hear you. You can have a 5 star tailback toting the rock but if he doesn't have an offensive line, forget about it. It's why you see programs like Wisconsin, Stanford have success with power running. They have stout linemen and they can plug in a 3 star running back and make him look good. If we're going to get rid of Riley, I guarantee you if the next coach hired is a run first guy, he will start recruiting run blocking OL guys and build from that. It's hard to find balanced OL who can both run block and pass block well.

• Fire 1

Who said we were giving up on the players? This team has a ton of talent, they just need to use it right.

Every poster writing about lack of player's effort, player's with a "Bo mentality", lack of talent and no talent walk-ons, and calling for Riley to clean house and get "his guys" in. Yeah those guys.

This was a 9-4 team last year that has a new staff come in and show a lack of faith in them and what they've accomplished, and a lot of folks have turned their blind defense of MR and his failings into an indictment of the players. I can see why they might feel abandoned.

Yeah, I can see that. I've seen plenty of effort from the players so I don't buy any of that. I've seen the problem as mostly mismanagement from the beginning. I feel sorry for the players....it's not like I think we're a top 10 team ,but we should've won most of the games against the competition we played and there is one glaring variable between this year and last.

Nobody ever stops supporting the players, and it becomes a false choice when presented. It's no different with our troops. It's ok to not support the mission but still support those out fighting. I stand with the players, and hope they do well, but I also stand by my pocketbook and will not pay to attend any more games until there are major leadership changes for the positive.

The fact that people want to hold this staff accountable for this debacle, up and including termination of Riley, shows that people haven't given up on the kids.

We want the best for the kids that play for Nebraska. Eichorst and Riley aren't the best (or even close to being the best), and that is why people want them removed and replaced with capable and knowledgeable people

• Fire 1

I may be coming off a bit dick-ish, but I've never understood players needing fan support to motivate them to play at, or near, their highest level. The vast majority of the players don't know the fans, and vice versa. I understand it can be an emotional jolt to have a bunch of people yelling for you, but if it was that major of a factor, we wouldn't have seen some of the performances that have so far transpired. Now, if their family and close friends are giving them the business, I can see that being somewhat debilitating.

These players are fans as well, though. We do have that in common.

Don't you worry about a thing, folks. Get up in the morning, put on your pants, and go to work. Do your job, and enjoy college football. I'm personally enjoying NU football a lot this year. Winning is better, of course, but some things are more important than winning . . . didn't someone say that once? Seeing a team in complete transition isn't always pretty, but it is interesting. I'm looking for the new faces we'll be hearing more from in the future.

Have faith, be patient, and everything will be fine.

The fans will show. What really needs to happen is players on the team need to hold each other accountable. They need to motivate each other, during practice and in games. This is something i havent seen for a long time, but believe if it happens can make a HUGE difference. I dont give a crap if your a captain or not. If you are an upperclassman i would be on guys like flies on sh#t and make everyone accountable from redshirts to seniors.

• Fire 3