Imani Cross.........

Hayseed

Cross was a fighter and I think he deserves to be in the game more. He made some key blocks in passing downs as well. Everyone who had the rock in their hands and had to get YAC or fight for extra yardage -- they did it tooth and nail but Imani fired up everybody in Memorial Stadium with his tough grinding runs. This is the way this team should have been playing all year. It shouldn't take 6 losses and a top 10 opponent to light a fire under your ass. We have to play this way every single game and we haven't. Now, we have to carry that energy for the rest of the year and win out.

Cross had a great game. He ran tough, got north-south and his 5-7 yard carries were big to keep the offense humming.

I was pissed at Langsdorf for going to 3 straight passes after Cross lost 2 on a first down carry in the 3rd quarter. Yes, one pass was a long pass to Reilly to the 4, but Langsahan didn't go back to Cross inside the 5 and TA threw his pick on 2nd down.

Cross got a lot of help from the o-line and Jano had some great blocks at the point of attack. Imani did his job of getting positive yards. Good job.

Be hard to give the game ball to him with Jordan Westcamp's play....footballs are cheap,,,give them both one... One serious question. Why was Imani so dominant tonight? Against a strong rush defense. I'm stumped.

a combo of a good game plan, anger, and the willingness to pound the rock.

This. But, I'll be honest, I never expected to see a performance like this out of Imani. He's always been a player that could create big plays, but, he also had a tendency to have plays that left you a little stumped. Plays Imani previously would've either lost yards on or gained only a couple, he turned into big gains. Just a complete performance Saturday. Count me as someone very proud and impressed with what he did.

One play in particular was astounding to me, and it wasn't even a great play. IIRC, he had a toss sweep from the 2-yard line (or some kind of outside running play) that wasn't blocked very well and MSU had him dead to rights for a one yard loss. Instead, he slipped a couple tackles and somehow find a way to gain a yard down to the one. I believe TA scored on a QB run shortly after. In the past, that was a run I wouldn't have expected Imani to turn into a positive gain.

We also definitely have to give it up to the line for gelling well at times, and Jano... Jano-freaking-Jano. Had some crucial blocks last night. I wish this kid had more time to play for Nebraska.

Imani Cross is one of my favorite players. He has worked harder than any running back since he has been at Nebraska. He is a class man, and I hope he finishes his Nebraska career with a really big boom. I hope we win our next two games and our bowl game, and he is a big part of those wins.

:yeah

GBR!!!