What Did We Learn: Iowa Edition

On twitter I just learned from @Nickespn1480 that Tommy walked out of practice because Langs was on him for his decision making

If true, then he shouldn't have started the game. His decision making is horrible. If O'Brien is the real deal, I'm for taking our lumps woth him learning on the fly. I'm tired of Armstrong being a turnover machine.

• Fire 1

I don't care for this coaching staff by and large, but the 4th and 1 fade was not exactly the primary call, Cethan Carter was standing all alone on the other side of the field, but Tommy threw to the end zone because he. . .yeah I don't know why he did it, honestly. Carter likely walks it in easily if Tommy turns his head slightly to his left.

Yeah, or you run 1 yard for first down and have 4 more plays....there's always that.

Nebraska could have beaten two Top 5 teams this year. Defense and Special Teams came to play. OL and Imani played well. WR were alright, not great. TA was the difference in this loss. He has all the arm talent and running ability you want but makes too many bad throws. Langsdorf switched from a power run offense against Michigan St and Rutgers to a pass first offense. Still, it was effective as Nebraska gained 433 yards and 22 first downs (almost 200 more yards and twice as many first downs as Iowa). However, while effective, this game plan highlights TA's weaknesses.

I don't think we watched the same game. In no way shape or form would I consider that a pass heavy game plan. There was an obvious attempt to establish a power run game and we were never able to gain any consistency with it. At some point you have to go with what is giving you the best chance to win, and running the ball just wasn't putting us in a good position.

It was obviously NOT effective. If we run the same offense that we did against MSU, there are sure as sh#t fewer interceptions. What coach in their right mind, with the crappy weather we had today, runs a throw heavy scheme?

I don't care for this coaching staff by and large, but the 4th and 1 fade was not exactly the primary call, Cethan Carter was standing all alone on the other side of the field, but Tommy threw to the end zone because he. . .yeah I don't know why he did it, honestly. Carter likely walks it in easily if Tommy turns his head slightly to his left.

Yeah, or you run 1 yard for first down and have 4 more plays....there's always that.

The pass play was there. The blown call was third and 1 not just plowing Armstrong straight ahead behind center, where Iowa didn't have anybody lined up. Ran it off-tackle or whatever instead and got stuffed.

That this coaching staff is who we thought they were. Riley just set up a nice retirement program for his buddies on our dime. No effort at all was made to bring a top notch staff to Lincoln. Retreads and career mediocrities. The track record was right there for all to see.

I really feel bad ragging on a guy so much, because the truth is, they put in quite a bit of time, sacrifice a lot of time away from families, all to win some football games. But, by the same token, this is their chosen profession, so they know all of this criticism going in. That entire staff has made as much money as I will teaching for many, many years. So, I guess it is ok to question their records, their decision making etc. This was a poor decision by Eichorst and the sooner it is fixed the better.

I learned Tommy Armstrong is probably not going to win us a championship.

I learned that even on a short down, running os not going to be our bread abd butter.

I learned Iowa fans travel really well to Lincoln.

I learned next season needs to be light years better than this one ended up.

That this coaching staff is who we thought they were. Riley just set up a nice retirement program for his buddies on our dime. No effort at all was made to bring a top notch staff to Lincoln. Retreads and career mediocrities. The track record was right there for all to see.

I really feel bad ragging on a guy so much, because the truth is, they put in quite a bit of time, sacrifice a lot of time away from families, all to win some football games. But, by the same token, this is their chosen profession, so they know all of this criticism going in. That entire staff has made as much money as I will teaching for many, many years. So, I guess it is ok to question their records, their decision making etc. This was a poor decision by Eichorst and the sooner it is fixed the better.

I hear ya but at the end of the day when this much money is involved you get judged on your results. I have nothing personally against these guys. In sure they're nice people.

And yes, Eichorst is the main problem. He is either a fantastically bad judge of coaching talent or a Wisconsin saboteur. Since I am not a tin foil hat kind of guy, Im assuming the former.

The pass play was there. The blown call was third and 1 not just plowing Armstrong straight ahead behind center, where Iowa didn't have anybody lined up. Ran it off-tackle or whatever instead and got stuffed.

I guess I'm too dumb to figure out how to imbed the tweet.

• Fire 2

Tommy is limiting what this offense can do. There is no doubt in my mind.

I'm not sure if Langs is the the guy or not, but I don't think we can judge at this point.

• Fire 4

More proof as to why TA needs to concentrate on his classes and have a good life away from football. He is legally retarded at playing the QB position. The really frustrating part is that a lot of the less intelligent posters will blame the coaches when they are trying to win games with a QB that is the equal to having one hand tied behind their back due to his lack of football intelligence. TA has guys wide open and most of the times chooses the wrong guy to throw to. That is on Bo's sorry ass for not recruiting anyone better and no depth. Now we are faced with starting a true freshman next year or face another year of bad QB play that will cost us games. TA just needs to go away and give his scholarship to someone who won't sabatoge the season with his poor decsion making.

• Fire 7

Tommy is limiting what this offense can do. There is no doubt in my mind.

I'm not sure if Langs is the the guy or not, but I don't think we can judge at this point.

Thank you for having some common sense. +1

• Fire 2