Valentine declares for the draft

Sure glad to see Kevin Williams coming back. Good luck to VV.

There is talk that Williams is ready to walk away. He'll have his Master's in May and is sick of being injured/hurt all the time.

I'm fairly sure he's gone. I was told we were losing 4 D-line guys. So with Collins and VV and the likely hood of Williams that would be 3. Unless they were county Barry as a being on the Dline as a Rush End, that would be 3 of the 4. If they had MB on line then that's all 4 likely to leave. I was told Bush on the offense, 1 RB and 2-4 o-line looking a possibly leaving. Not sure on names on O line.

I hate it.. VV goes in the 6-7 round at best. Maybe the Dolphins will grab him or Collins to play next to Suh..

What he has going of him is the ability to play the nose. And the NFL usually takes chances on D-line guys with the right size and body types even if they are unproven. So he actually has a chance to move up rather than done if he can show well at the combine. He should get that invite.

I don't know why there has to be a narrative of disliking the scheme or not getting along with the coaches. VV could love the scheme and think of Banker as his second father, and he still would have very good reasons to make this move.

There were merits to VV staying, there are merits to him going. He weighed everything, he made this decision, and I support him. Here's hoping he makes a splash at the next level.

• Fire 2

Can't say this bothers me too much. Although it could be argued that Valentine, more the Collins anyway, is making a decision based on his lack of faith in the defensive scheme. When Suh made his decision to stay and play another year, I think that was mainly a vote of confidence in the Pelini system. And it paid off as Suh got drafted high.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was more not meshing with the new coaching staff and just wanting to be done with school. He already has his degree.

I think having his degree is a big factor. With his injury history, and loosing a stud next to him in the line, it is likely his stats would be no better next year.

There is talk that Williams is ready to walk away. He'll have his Master's in May and is sick of being injured/hurt all the time.

I'm fairly sure he's gone. I was told we were losing 4 D-line guys. So with Collins and VV and the likely hood of Williams that would be 3. Unless they were county Barry as a being on the Dline as a Rush End, that would be 3 of the 4. If they had MB on line then that's all 4 likely to leave. I was told Bush on the offense, 1 RB and 2-4 o-line looking a possibly leaving. Not sure on names on O line.
Wait, hadn't heard that Barry was leaving. Where's he going? I thought the coaches were pretty high on him

Wait, hadn't heard that Barry was leaving. Where's he going? I thought the coaches were pretty high on him

Rumor is he's upset he was promised playing time this year. He had his issues then ended up with the 2s but wasn't happy they don't get to see much practice time to improve his status. He had some tweets about moving on a week or so back. I'm not sure if he got settled down or not. But more or less sounds like he was frustrated he was the man in high school and was told he'd be the man then kind of got frustrated when people were better than him.

I'd like overlapping Venn diagrams of those who: 1) won't cut the current coaching staff any slack for kids not buying in; and 2) will readily opine that anyone leaving didn't see a good reason to buy in. ;)

p.s. - Thanks for your contributions, Mr. Valentine, and good luck in the pros!