RB Jamari Peacock [Virginia - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This looks like one of the better prospects in my view. Just a hunch but I like the feel I have on him. Join the Husker Nation Jamari! You will never regret choosing to play for Nebraska! A life changing experience of fun and memories while getting a good education. You can't do better than NU!

I'll have what he/she's having.

I'll pass
  • Fire 2

This looks like one of the better prospects in my view. Just a hunch but I like the feel I have on him. Join the Husker Nation Jamari! You will never regret choosing to play for Nebraska! A life changing experience of fun and memories while getting a good education. You can't do better than NU!

You realize recruits don't read this right? Why do you keep commenting as if you're having a conversation directly with the recruit?

False, recruits read this 10/10. They've said so.

You realize recruits don't read this right? Why do you keep commenting as if you're having a conversation directly with the recruit?

False, recruits read this 10/10. They've said so.

+1. Why WOULDN'T recruits read this?

• 4 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

MAY 3 2016. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

JAMARI PEACOCK , RB, 5-11, 245, YULEE, FLORIDA

A big, powerful back with offers from all major Florida schools in addition to Nebraska, Louisville, Virginia, Georgia Southern Mississippi State and others.

Peacock and Nebraska have a strong bond; will visit this summer.

“I plan on visiting (Nebraska) this summer down to a camp. Talk with the coaches and stuff. Build a bond and relationship with them. They’ve on my top 5 so I plan on talking with the coaches when I get there. Love their running style. Nebraska has established its dominance in running” Peacock said

“Actually I do almost every day,” When asked how often Nebraska keeps in contact. “Sometimes 2 or 3 times a day; Twitter, letters in the mail, talk (phone) to the coaches stuff like that.”

“I hear from the position coach (Reggie Davis), the head coach (Mike Riley) and other coaches on staff. Me and Coach Riley talk almost every day. He just said he can’t wait for me to get there, stuff like that.” Peacock said

Husker position coach Davis recruiting Peacock hard.

“Oh yea he’s (Davis) a nice funny guy. I can relate to him a little bit and he’s always somebody who can give me advice. He’s a big guy on tradition. He told me come to Nebraska and become a Heisman Trophy winner.” Peacock said

Nebraska is in Peacock’s top 5 along with; Louisville, Virginia, Florida State and Georgia Southern.

Louisville RB coach recruited Peacock early and often.

“Me and the running backs coach (Kolby Smith) really, really have a tight bond. He’s been recruiting me since my freshman year. He knowns actually what I what to do when I grow up and stuff. It would be like following his footsteps. I want to graduate, go to the league a little bit.” Peacock said

“I visited up there (Louisville) before spring. It was a 10 for me. I’m going to think about it (commitment).” Peacock added.

Seminoles.

“I like Coach (Tim) Brewster and (Jay) Graham a lot. He’s (Graham) been recruiting me hard on and off. It’s close to home and I like it and they’re dominate in the ACC. Coach Graham definitely said I will get my chance to work up the ladder. I know he does not mean I will play right away; they have a lot of backs down there.” Peacock said

“Man all the coaches love me down there,” Peacock commented about the Virginia Cavaliers staff. “They show me a lot of love and they mean it. Some of the other guys they are recruiting, I’m the number one guy they are recruiting first (RB). I’m in their top five of the 2017 board. Stuff like that is really special.”

Georgia Southern has ties within the high school staff.

“I mean they led the NCAA in rushing and I’m a running back so, when you do stuff like that it really pops out. I visited them about 3 or 4 times the campus is really nice. Actually my high school defensive coordinator coached at Georgia Southern.” Peacock said

“I’m committing December 1 and I plan on taking all my 5 official visits. Of course (Nebraska) I already planned that.” Peacock said

“Peacock describes himself as a downhill runner, cut backs and makes it to the hole. Just does his job with very good fundamentals with first step.

cornhead.gif

• 1 month later...

Will be working out at Friday Night Lights this week.

Top group now listed as Georgia Southern, Louisville, Virginia and Nebraska.

Taken quite a tumble in the rankings. Seems like he's trending toward being a fullback now. His Hudl profile and 247 list him at about 6-0, 220 but Rivals and Scout show him at about 5-11 and 240.

Thinking maybe he has to "re-earn" his offer if he's not going to be the top RB we once thought.