30 For 30 to feature the 1994-1995 Huskers

knapplc

People have been hoping for this for a long time. Be careful what you wish for. ESPN may not treat this like the halcyon days we remember. While the image of Husker 90s dominance people seem to want celebrated is real, there was a seamy underbelly to those teams that may not be portrayed in the best of lights.

It'll be interesting to see which side of those teams tip the scale in their show.

• Fire 9

Indeed it's about time.

I'm looking forward to this. As long as it covers everything...the good, the bad, the great, the tragic, and yes even the ugly...but as long as it's a fair representation of those teams that covers all angles.

Many of these 30 for 30's have been very well done, so I'm looking forward to this, not just as a die-hard Cornhusker fan, but as a sports fan in general.

Side Note #1:

I think this will be good for our current players as well. Those that watch it will get a solid glimpse to the passion & determination that those 90's teams played with.

Side Note #2:

I also think it would be great if the director, producer, and editor of this piece can find a way to really show how Tom Osborne's offense, and many of the schemes that he perfected was the true precursor to all the spread-option stuff we see in the game today.

• Fire 3

The infamy, and recklessness of those teams is part of the story. And I am one who is okay with that part of the story being told.... Hopefully they spend some time on how impressive it was of those teams to overcome all that and dominate the way they did.... That kind of run, with ALL of THAT going on around them? Those years were as beautiful as they were ugly.... I'm looking forward to it.

• Fire 1

Some great quotes from Emmy award winning producer and director Eric Drath on this new 30 for 30:http://www.wowt.com/sports/headlines/30-for-30-Director-on-Husker-Football-Film-369611631.html?ref=631

What are your plans for the documentary?

"Well probably what is going to happen is we are going try and finish it up early spring and enter it into a couple film festivals...it will premiere we are hearing sometime in the fall just in time for football."

Is there anything else you want to tell Husker fans?

​"...I think the story is so much bigger, its bigger than one player, its bigger than one incident, its bigger than all of the incidents, it's really a story of you know trouble, a story of greatness, a story of perseverance, and ultimately victory."

Big kudos to WOWT's Ross Jernstrom for getting this interview.

• Fire 4