Coach Dub Twitter war with OSU coach

Here's the tweet he deleted:

2_4625206.jpg

Guy is a big friggin douche. I really hope guys like Tyjon Lindsey are taking note of this sh#t.

Picture is clipped. Can't tell what it says.

"Take your videos of average players doing drills you "claim" works and put it up against ACTUAL PROOF that #DevelopmentHappensHERE #Shhh"

• Fire 1

Here's the tweet he deleted:

4625206.jpg

Guy is a big friggin douche. I really hope guys like Tyjon Lindsey are taking note of this sh#t.

It is one thing to have subtle comments about another coach, but to start throwing shots at current players from a different university...what a complete tool.

Exactly

So here is my piece:

Coach Smith claims development happens at OSU right?

Michael Thomas - 47th

Braxton Miller - 85th

Devin Smith - 37th

Evan Spencer- 187th

So he has had 4 WR's drafted in the past 3 years.

Now let's look at their rating coming in...

Michael Thomas- 3 star (85)

Braxton Miller - 5 star (98) DTQB- but athletic as anyone

Devin Smith- 3 star (88)

Evan Spencer- 4 star (92)

I mean is that really very impressive?

I don't have a list of the guys Williams has put in the league, and because he hasn't been here long enough to count anyone from N. But I bet 2 guys go next year.

It's one thing to throw shade on a guy you're salty on, but to talk smack about the athletes is low class, and worse that he deletes the initial tweet, but continues to talk smack. They dude has foot in mouth disease like no one I've ever met.

And let's be real, he has also rode the coat tails of Urban Meyer and OSU to get where he's at.

• Fire 1

I hope he keeps doing this ... the WRs still uncommitted and on their list as well as ours seem to rank character and coaching pretty high. This bs only helps us. Plus what it does for motivation at the OSU game this year ... and if I were Coach Dub I'd collect all the tweets and make a pretty little package to show recruits moving forward.

I hope he keeps doing this ... the WRs still uncommitted and on their list as well as ours seem to rank character and coaching pretty high. This bs only helps us. Plus what it does for motivation at the OSU game this year ... and if I were Coach Dub I'd collect all the tweets and make a pretty little package to show recruits moving forward.

I might air one out on the sideline and accidentally lead a WR into him...

Smith's tweets do irritate me at times. As a coach, I honestly don't know why you would tweet something like that.

So here is my piece:

Coach Smith claims development happens at OSU right?
Michael Thomas - 47th
Braxton Miller - 85th

Devin Smith - 37th
Evan Spencer- 187th

So he has had 4 WR's drafted in the past 3 years.

Now let's look at their rating coming in...
Michael Thomas- 3 star (85)
Braxton Miller - 5 star (98) DTQB- but athletic as anyone
Devin Smith- 3 star (88)
Evan Spencer- 4 star (92)

I mean is that really very impressive?

I don't have a list of the guys Williams has put in the league, and because he hasn't been here long enough to count anyone from N. But I bet 2 guys go next year.

To be fair, he also coached Cory Brown and Jalin Marshall. At Florida he also assisted with Percy Harvin and the WR group. Even though Braxton Miller was a 5 star QB, I thought he did a good job in his transition to WR given the short time frame. I am not saying he has earned the right to be called the best WR coach in the county but he has been part of 3 NC teams.

It's one thing to throw shade on a guy you're salty on, but to talk smack about the athletes is low class, and worse that he deletes the initial tweet, but continues to talk smack. They dude has foot in mouth disease like no one I've ever met.

And let's be real, he has also rode the coat tails of Urban Meyer and OSU to get where he's at.

I think having your grandpa be a well respected ex-Buckeye head coach helps as well.

It's hard to get around the truth of this. I'd be pretty pissed off a Nebraska coach was ripping on players of other teams and their "average players."

You look around the Big Ten and you see teams with far more "average" players than Nebraska, like Northwestern, Purdue, Minnesota & Illinois. Yet all four have beaten Nebraska recently - three of them last year. You talk smack about someone's "average" players and they beat you, how stupid do you look?

• Fire 2

I think having your grandpa be a well respected ex-Buckeye head coach helps as well.

So he's not only riding the successes of others, he carries an entitled persona too? Man, fake tough guys are the best