Jump to content
Mavric

*** 2019 Recruiting ***

Recommended Posts

17 commits right now.  24 open spots plus however many over-signs.  I continue to see speculation that we'll sign 28-29.

 

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - RAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS,  JUCO DEDRICK MILLS
WR - 3-4 - JAMIE NANCEWandale Robinson, Darien Chase
TE - 1 - CHRIS HICKMAN
OT - 3-4 - MATTHEW ANDERSON, MICHAEL LYNN, Bryce Benhart, Dohnovan West
OG/C - 2 - JUCO DESMOND BLAND

NT - 1-2 - JUCO TONY FAIR
DE - 2-3 - ETHAN PIPERMOSAI NEWSOM, Ty Robinson, Brant Banks
LB - 4-5 - GARRETT SNODGRASS, GARRETT NELSON, JACKSON HANNAH, NICK HENRICH
CB - 2 - QUINTON NEWSOME, Javin Wright, Tavian Mayo, Jarrad BakerNehemiah Pritchett
S - 2 - Jamel Starks, Noa Pola-Gates, Josh SanguinettiKenny Logan, JUCO Markquese Bell

 

ATH - Zay Flowers

 

Edited by Mavric
Updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Looks like the swing in momentum has us tilting towards a top 20 class.

It's going to be interesting if they can do it.

 

For comparison sake, no team in the 2018 recruiting cycle in the Top 20 had fewer than 7 4-star commits.  Currently, only 3 teams in the Top 20 for 2019 have fewer than 7.  Nebraska currently has 4.

 

(247 Composite was used for rankings)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's going to be interesting if they can do it.

 

For comparison sake, no team in the 2018 recruiting cycle in the Top 20 had fewer than 7 4-star commits.  Currently, only 3 teams in the Top 20 for 2019 have fewer than 7.  Nebraska currently has 4.

 

(247 Composite was used for rankings)

I'm not positive what you are saying, and I'm not re-reading it..but...

 

Robinson, Robinson, Benhart are all 3 composite 4-stars. I believe Darien Chase is close to a composite 4-star.

I feel like we have very, very realistic chances with all 4 of them.

 

I'm also pretty positive that Frost will be able to scour through some other team's recruits after coaches get fired, etc. at the end of the year. This class is going to be quite solid it appears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScottyIce said:

I'm not positive what you are saying, and I'm not re-reading it..but...

 

Robinson, Robinson, Benhart are all 3 composite 4-stars. I believe Darien Chase is close to a composite 4-star.

I feel like we have very, very realistic chances with all 4 of them.

 

I'm also pretty positive that Frost will be able to scour through some other team's recruits after coaches get fired, etc. at the end of the year. This class is going to be quite solid it appears.

 

I'm in agreement with you.  I was merely showing what it took last year and what it will likely take this year to get a top 20 class.  And that is around 7 4 star players.  That's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

 

I'm in agreement with you.  I was merely showing what it took last year and what it will likely take this year to get a top 20 class.  And that is around 7 4 star players.  That's all.

That's what I thought you were saying.

 

So if we get the 4 I mentioned... sha bam!

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

That's what I thought you were saying.

 

So if we get the 4 I mentioned... sha bam!

And then he gets Owen Pappoe to flip when Gus Malzahn gets canned......

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

And then he gets Owen Pappoe to flip when Gus Malzahn gets canned......

 

That's not Frost's job.

 

That falls at Barry & the other Georgian's feet. I love the optimism out of you lately!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

 

That's not Frost's job.

 

That falls at Barry & the other Georgian's feet. I love the optimism out of you lately!

I just mixed up a fresh batch of Kool Aide after the win. It tastes much better this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frost said recruiting is going very well right now. I would assume we either got a lot of good feedback after the weekend or perhaps we got a few commitments? I think Wandale Robinson is one of them, maybe Benhart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Frost said recruiting is going very well right now. I would assume we either got a lot of good feedback after the weekend or perhaps we got a few commitments? I think Wandale Robinson is one of them, maybe Benhart.

 

I think we can tentatively pencil in both of those guys. Still waiting on the recruiting updates from the weekend to start coming in. I imagine we will get them soon now that schools getting out for the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Frost said recruiting is going very well right now. I would assume we either got a lot of good feedback after the weekend or perhaps we got a few commitments? I think Wandale Robinson is one of them, maybe Benhart.

 

I just don't think we need to play that game anymore. No worries about silent commitments. Let's just focus on guys who verbally commit and wait until they do so.  It's such a slippery slope.

 

I'm sure it just meant exactly what he said. Things are going very well and feedback was excellent from the recruits that were there (which he said).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

 

I think we can tentatively pencil in both of those guys. Still waiting on the recruiting updates from the weekend to start coming in. I imagine we will get them soon now that schools getting out for the day. 

I think we got recruiting updates from most of the guys, besides Benhart. Benhart usually goes through Waldo or no one.  It doesn't help that Schaefer is in Vegas and the other 247 guys don't have near the clout in the recruiting portion of the site.

 

I do think that after going home and stewing on it, Benhart might commit tonight though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScottyIce said:

I think we got recruiting updates from most of the guys, besides Benhart. Benhart usually goes through Waldo or no one.  It doesn't help that Schaefer is in Vegas and the other 247 guys don't have near the clout in the recruiting portion of the site.

I thought you were Mr. Hypothetical and Mr. Speculate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

And then he gets Owen Pappoe to flip when Gus Malzahn gets canned......

Look for Tenn. to be the winner of the Pappoe sweepstakes if Gus is gone.  He very well could land there anyways. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I thought you were Mr. Hypothetical and Mr. Speculate?

Wrong thread for that bud. I’m just saying silent commits has been a real a$$ chapping for us in recent history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's going to be interesting if they can do it.

 

For comparison sake, no team in the 2018 recruiting cycle in the Top 20 had fewer than 7 4-star commits.  Currently, only 3 teams in the Top 20 for 2019 have fewer than 7.  Nebraska currently has 4.

 

(247 Composite was used for rankings)

If you add Wandale Robinson, Benhart and Gates, who are all 4 star, that gets us roughly to 21st ranked class as things stand right now.  Other teams are going to add players too.

 

What would probably push us over the top is to get these players (and possibly a couple more 4*s wouldn't hurt)  PLUS....have a class upwards towards 30 recruits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If you add Wandale Robinson, Benhart and Gates, who are all 4 star, that gets us roughly to 21st ranked class as things stand right now.  Other teams are going to add players too.

 

What would probably push us over the top is to get these players (and possibly a couple more 4*s wouldn't hurt)  PLUS....have a class upwards towards 30 recruits.

I believe 247 counts only the top 20 or 25 players in a class.  So if we were to sign 30, 5-10 of them wouldn't count.

 

But the main point was that 7 4-star players appears to be the line that separates Top 20 and everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

But the main point was that 7 4-star players appears to be the line that separates Top 20 and everyone else.

 

Now that you mention it, I do remember something like that with 247.

 

However, my point stands that, as it appears now, we will need to do more than 7 4*s to get into the top 20.  It may be that we add enough high 3*s to go along with them that it bumps up the rankings of our top 20 or 25 players (whatever 247 uses).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

Now that you mention it, I do remember something like that with 247.

 

However, my point stands that, as it appears now, we will need to do more than 7 4*s to get into the top 20.  It may be that we add enough high 3*s to go along with them that it bumps up the rankings of our top 20 or 25 players (whatever 247 uses).

Correct.  getting higher 3 star rated players to go with the perceived 7 4-stars could put us in the top 20 because it would drop our lowest rated players off of the team rankings if we exceed their maximum number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

I believe 247 counts only the top 20 or 25 players in a class.  So if we were to sign 30, 5-10 of them wouldn't count.

 

But the main point was that 7 4-star players appears to be the line that separates Top 20 and everyone else.

 

Rivals only counts the top 20.

 

247 has some sort of algorithm they run where your highest-ranked player counts the most and your lowest-ranked player counts the least.  So they all count in 247 but it's not linear with how many commits you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×