Gun Control

I still think we need a policy-free discussion about why guns have come to be so fetishized, and why they've become the ultimate display of American patriotism for some people. 

We're long past the old NRA that taught gun safety for hunters and handgun safety for personal protection. The Christmas photos of families bearing arms specifically designed to kill a lot of humans as quickly as possible -- and no other purpose -- seem categorically sick to me. I just don't get it. Maybe someone can run me through what I'm missing. 

• Plus1 6
  • TBH 3

Easy to come on here and vent - take some action.  Reach out to your elected officials and those on the proper committee.  Search by your state - call any office, email via their site (often they make you list your voting zip in order to do so).  Won't take but 10 mins and they track traffic and content they receive.

https://www.senate.gov/senators/

https://www.house.gov/representatives

Many of you are in red states - let them know that you'll vote for those that value ALL life, including after birth.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I still think we need a policy-free discussion about why guns have come to be so fetishized, and why they've become the ultimate display of American patriotism for some people. 

We're long past the old NRA that taught gun safety for hunters and handgun safety for personal protection. The Christmas photos of families bearing arms specifically designed to kill a lot of humans as quickly as possible -- and no other purpose -- seem categorically sick to me. I just don't get it. Maybe someone can run me through what I'm missing. 

It's interesting even here with people who are for reasonable gun legislation in the past have said they own AR type guns and they've have a hard time giving them up as theyre' fun to shoot.  Or that they own multiple guns.  Why.

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Listened to an interview with Mehdi Hasan who said the trick to holding these blow hards accountable is to go into any debate, interview, town hall and just keep asking the same question - for as long as it takes - forget about all the other bs talking points they respond with and just keep asking - ""Do you value what the GOP values as displayed not by their words but by their actions relative to human life?"

Amazing that Mehdi had the same thought. I guess it is an obvious response to GOP hypocrisy 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Easy to come on here and vent - take some action.  Reach out to your elected officials and those on the proper committee.  Search by your state - call any office, email via their site (often they make you list your voting zip in order to do so).  Won't take but 10 mins and they track traffic and content they receive.

https://www.senate.gov/senators/

https://www.house.gov/representatives

Many of you are in red states - let them know that you'll vote for those that value ALL life, including after birth.

Amen that is my plan tomorrow. My GOP reps will get an ear full

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Firstly, I ache for these families.  As a father of four, I cannot imagine.

On the other side, I'd submit disarming a people turns them into victims.  Look throughout history how democide has wrought havoc on nations' citizens.  And outside of a rogue government, criminals don't follow laws.  Why punish millions for the mentally and morally reprehensible few who do these things?  

The sickening part is the grooming and filth happening today.  Mutiliating children because they believe they're a different gender is sickening and abusive.  The same abusers want America disarmed with no ability to defend truth and goodness.

Freedom is scary.  The alternative is much scarier.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3
7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

My have the tables turned.  If you aren't voting for a Dem, you aren't voting for life.   My perspective has done a 180 since 2016.  And my perspective is clearer with each passing day.  There is a freedom of conscience in not being tied to one party like I was previously.  Revising what someone famously said "I haven't left the GOP party, the GOP has left me."  

Progressives, by nature, are pluralists and relativists.  Cities built on sand.  "Your truth is yours, mine is mine."  This principle never fails to fail and whose belief system is utter doom.

I'll stand for truth and not pluralistic lies.  More than a vote; a stance for life.

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
9 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Progressives, by nature, are pluralists and relativists.  Cities built on sand.  "Your truth is yours, mine is mine."  This principle never fails to fail and whose belief system is utter doom.

I'll stand for truth and not pluralistic lies.  More than a vote; a stance for life.

Pluralism is a hallmark of democracy and a bedrock principle of our country.  The alternative is what?  Walk me through what you would wish to see as opposed to a pluralistic society.  Because I'm not sure the alternatives are what most would want to live under.  

• Plus1 5
9 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

What?

14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I'm pretty shocked. Why does their gender identify matter? Shouldn't the focus be on how easily somebody got their hands on guns designed to mow people down? 

I don't get it.

• Plus1 2