Gun Control

1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

This guy likes to preach the word of God. People having been preaching the word of God for over 2,000 years and yet in the timeframe people have been murduring other people left and right. So nothing has changed for over 2000 years and the word of God isn't solving the problem. But that's his solution? That should tell you everything you need to know about this guys thinking skills. He's an idiot. ARs are just an easy means to allow sick people to keep murduring other people. Why would we allow them that option?

I mean, the problem is in the hearts of people but the super easy fix is getting rid of guns.

What he should say is "Yeah, so people need to have better hearts, we need to be better people BUT since we can't and we suck at it, we should get rid of all the guns"

Guns don't do the killing the crazy f#&% with a hate filled heart and mind does the killing.  

And I am the biggest anti-gun person on here.  

But again...muskets muskets muskets.  That is all anyone needs.

• Oh Yeah! 1

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, the problem is in the hearts of people but the super easy fix is getting rid of guns.

What he should say is "Yeah, so people need to have better hearts, we need to be better people BUT since we can't and we suck at it, we should get rid of all the guns"

Guns don't do the killing the crazy f#&% with a hate filled heart and mind does the killing.  

And I am the biggest anti-gun person on here.  

But again...muskets muskets muskets.  That is all anyone needs.

Yeah! Viruses don't kill people, people who spread viruses kill people!

5 minutes ago, commando said:

a heart keeps you alive until it stops working....then you die.   guns kill when they are working as intended...and can't kill anyone when they stop working

I mean, you could beat someone to death with a gun.  Or, they could trip on a gun that was left in the bathroom and smash their head on the tub and die.

I suppose that second one would be the tubs fault though.

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, commando said:

is it wrong that i hope that gunman is lying in the woods somewhere with a hole in his head?  am afraid the other option is he is hidden by 1 of his right wing militia buddies.

wish granted.  found dead in the woods with a gunshot wound to the head

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

How in the world does this guy not have his guns taken away after a 2 week psychiatric stay? 

I found this link helpful. Evidently, Maine said that a court must deem a person "not criminally responsible by reason of insanity" first.

https://www.ncsl.org/civil-and-criminal-justice/possession-of-firearms-by-people-with-mental-illness

• TBH 1