Gun Control

23 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Or “Dude, wanna get a pizza or somethin’?”

I want to meet the stoner that is angry, violent and motivated enough to do anything about it, I really do.

As a certain local green ethusiast radio guy eloquently put about some scheme to catch all the wanton reckless driving being perpetrated by potheads:

"Those stoners! They drive their cars all fast, so they can get home and play their pianos real fast. They do everything FAST!"

31 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

As a father with kids this age, this infuriates me. I couldn't image the excitement, joy, and anticipation my kids felt when watching our parade in town being replaced by this in a blink of an eye. Where were the "good guys with guns" in the audience? Not rushing in to save the day, most likely running away and hiding like the cops at Uvalde. The reason you ban guns is because when everyone has guns you have no clue who is friend or foe or who is carrying with intent to harm. It makes it a lot easier to recognize a bad actor when you can yell - he's the one with the gun! 

- From a gun owner. 

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I'm thinking suicides or not the numbers speak for themselves.  All of the mass shootings should speak for themselves alone.  There's more.

Sure, but it matters what's in the numbers. Suicides will happen regardless of the availability of a gun, though they may be slightly less if the ease of access changes. Which is why I'm curious, because Japan traditionally has a high suicide rate, and suicides are usually over 50% of gun deaths in the US.

Also, it'd be interesting to see the rate adjusted for population. Until the last few years all violent deaths had been decreasing, so we could potentially still be seeing less deaths per capita than we were say 20, 30, or 40 years ago. Though Mass shootings would seem to be on the rise.

• Plus1 1